9-22-20 Tonight on Gotmead Live at 9PM ET, we’re looking forward to talking with Keith Seiz and Alison Wuebbels with the National Honey Board.
We’ll be finding out what the Honey Board has been up to, and talking about their Honey20 Project, the Mead Crafters Competition (2nd year!), and the Honey Spirits Competition, as well as their other involvement with honey in craft beverages.
For the last nine years, Keith has traveled the country educating bakers, distillers, brewers and now mead makers about honey and its many uses. It’s his passion, and one that has him working with bees and meads, two of his favorite things. Before working for the National Honey Board, Keith served as editor and associate publisher of a trade publication that covered the wholesale baking industry.
Alison joined the National Honey Board’s Ingredient Marketing Team in 2016. She enjoys her time traveling the country educating food and beverage manufacturers about using honey and is always ready to conduct a honey tasting or talk about her favorite furry little friends, honey bees. Before working for the National Honey Board, Alison worked in public relations and marketing, but she finds that talking about honey is a pretty sweet gig.
Come on in and have a listen!
Join us on the live chat and don’t be afraid to call in if you want to!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
- September 29 – Adam Crockett – Oaking Your Mead
Show links and notes
- National Honey Board ‘Honey20’ Most Influential Honey Alcoholic Beverages
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Take part in Kevin Meintsma’s Hydromel Study – email firstname.lastname@example.org and he’ll send you questions
- National Honey Board Mead Crafter Compeitition
- Sept 24 – St. Ambrose Meadery, Beulah, MI – Chris Winkelmann
- September 26-October 1 – Mazer Cup International Competition
- Sept 26 – Honeygirl Meadery, Durham, NC – Vendor Popup
- October 1 – Valhalla – The Meading of Life Mead Competition – deadline for entries is 9-19, judging starts 10-1
- October 10 – Wyrd Leather and Mead, Milwaukie, OR – Mead Hall Soft Opening
- You can buy mead online at https://shopmeads.com
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
- National Honey Board Holds Virtual Honey R&D Summit - October 21, 2020
- 10-20-20 Roger Wanner and Joe Abruzzo – W A Meadworks – Expanding Production and Making Great Meads - October 20, 2020
- 10-13-20 Time for Cysers! Gold Medal winners Adam Bystrom, Allen Martin, and Kevin Meintsma - October 13, 2020