Tonight on GotMeadLive – Jennifer and Troy Kost, owners of the soon-to-be-open Legendary Mead. They started what is the normal progression for homebrewers…started making beer later in college (who doesn’t?). They learned a lot from mistakes during those years (ie: be patient and don’t bottle it too soon). For the past about 10yrs they have made wine from grapes they grow on their property. Nothing fancy, just a fun hobby. They had to do something with the 100-200lbs of grapes they harvest every year! In doing research for the essential oils in her natural body products, she literally stumbled on mead. She made her first batch, just a basic semi-sweet with some lemonade thrown in, and from there they have both been hooked.
Call in number: 919-229-9933
What we were drinking:
- Vicky – out sick
- JD – Hidden Legends – Pure Honey Mead
- AJ – Blackberry Mead from Rossingnol Estate Winery courtesy of Scott (Kernel Crush on the forum)
Links for Episode 17:
Listen in! (NOTE: This is the LIVE player. Recordings are below and will be posted within 24 hours after the show. If you can’t hear, reload the page)
[break]If you are having trouble with the player above, here is an alternate live link you can use: http://tunein.com/radio/GotMead-Live-p841460/[break]
Want to listen later? No problem! You can playback below, download the mp3, or get it on iTunes. Click to get the app if you’d like Soundcloud on your phone. Then you can stream, playback, and even search for other shows that broadcast via Soundcloud!
|Listen on iTunes||RSS Feed|
|Listen to the recording Here![break]
- 10-12-21 James Boicourt – Charm City Meadworks – Session Meads – on the Dry Side - October 12, 2021
- 9-28-21 Bob Slanzi – Making Mead, Rescuing a Mead, Saving a Meadery - September 28, 2021
- 9-14-21 National Honey Month with Alison Conklin – National Honey Board - September 14, 2021