January 12, 2016 – This week we will be talking with Julia Herz, long time meadmaker, and Craft Beer Program Director at the Brewers Association and Publisher of CraftBeer.com. I’ve known Julia for a long time, back in the mid 90’s when we met through David Myers of Redstone Meadery. Since then, we’ve worked several mead competitions together, judged together, and shared a lot of mead. Julia is an accomplished brewer and meadmaker, and for a long time ran the website Honeywine.com which was an amazing collection of information about mead and meadmaking.
Julia not only has some great mead stories, and a ton of experience making mead, she’s been involved since nearly the beginning of the American mead scene, so she’s got some great stories to tell.
Call in number: 919-229-9933
What we were drinking:
- Vicky – an unidentified mead in a beer bottle
- JD – Nectar Creek Waggle – Wildflower Session Mead out of Corvallis, OR.
- AJ – Chateau Chevette Raspberry Wine, started 2011, bottled 2013
- Julia – we didn’t give her time!!
Links for Episode 21:
- Brewers Association
- Craft Brewers Conference
- World Beer Cup 2016
- American Homebrewers Association
- AHA Conference
- Craft Beer
Listen in! (NOTE: This is the LIVE player. Recordings are below and will be posted within 24 hours after the show. If you can’t hear, reload the page)
[break]If you are having trouble with the player above, here is an alternate live link you can use: http://tunein.com/radio/GotMead-Live-p841460/[break]
Want to listen later? No problem! You can playback below, download the mp3, or get it on iTunes. Click to get the app if you’d like Soundcloud on your phone. Then you can stream, playback, and even search for other shows that broadcast via Soundcloud!
|Listen on iTunes||RSS Feed|
|Listen to the recording Here![break]
- 1-18-22 Cathy and Mike Rape – The Ferm Meadery in Conroe, TX - January 18, 2022
- 11-23-21 Stephen at Experimeads – SCIENCE of Meadmaking - November 23, 2021
- 11-9-21 Rohan Meadery – Wendy Rohan and Rosie Haines – Mead is big in Texas - November 8, 2021