January 19, 2016 – This week we visit with the guys from Golden Coast Mead. Golden Coast started in 2012 in San Diego, CA and has been kicking butt ever since. The meadery is founded on not just a love for mead, but as a sustainable business, promoting the fact that mead is made using the renewable resource of honey. And this year, on Boxing Day, Golden Coast released the most amazing thing: sour meads.
Yes, sour meads. And even more, they are making their journey to make sour meads, including their discoveries, mistakes and results, available as a public access, so that if you want to make sour mead, you can start with their notes! GotMead is going to be publishing their notes, so keep your eyes peeled, we’ll get you the goods!
Call in number: 919-229-9933
What we were drinking:
- Vicky – Sour Orange Blossom Mead – Golden Coast Mead
- JD – Golden Coast Savage Boi Dry Mead
- AJ – Golden Coast Orange Blossom
- Golden Coast –
Links for Episode 22:
Listen in! (NOTE: This is the LIVE player. Recordings are below and will be posted within 24 hours after the show. If you can’t hear, reload the page)
[break]If you are having trouble with the player above, here is an alternate live link you can use: http://tunein.com/radio/GotMead-Live-p841460/[break]
Want to listen later? No problem! You can playback below, download the mp3, or get it on iTunes. Click to get the app if you’d like Soundcloud on your phone. Then you can stream, playback, and even search for other shows that broadcast via Soundcloud!
|Listen on iTunes||RSS Feed|
|Listen to the recording Here![break]
- 10-26-21 Yancy Bodenstein, Manisha Eigner and Jacob Latour – Clear Skies Meadery – home mead going pro - October 26, 2021
- 10-12-21 James Boicourt – Charm City Meadworks – Session Meads – on the Dry Side - October 12, 2021
- 9-28-21 Bob Slanzi – Making Mead, Rescuing a Mead, Saving a Meadery - September 28, 2021