Mention of mead comes from many sources, throughout mankinds’ written history. Virgil and Plato mention it in their writings. It comes up in ‘Beowulf’ and the ‘Rig-Veda’. The Norse sagas are littered with mead references, as are many of the old Celtic tales. Looks like mead is indeed the stuff of legend!
Recent Mead Industry Listings
- After fermentation rouse under airlock?
- Can you make a 1 gallon batch in a 5 gallon bucket?
- Cyser from fresh apples
- What did you brew during your Coronacation?
- Fermentable sugar-content of Liquid Malt Extract (LME)
- Back sweetening pyment - honey or sugar
- Coconut and Dates
- Can I use the fruit taken out of mead for something?
- Bochet mead?
- How do I know if yeast stalled prematurely?