• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Best meaderies?

Maddawg

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 6, 2018
So every year me and a couple of buddies have a random guys trip. This year I was thinking of including a few meadery visits. So what would y'all say some of the best meaderies you have visited are? Based on both the quality of the mead and the quality of the tours?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maddawg

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 6, 2018
We're all east coast so maybe Colorado to the east coast. If there is decent rafting/kayaking nearby it would be a plus

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Michigan. New Hampshire Rhode Island area has more than anywhere else in the country

Maddawg

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 6, 2018
So Boston gets in good driving distance of new Hampshire and Rhode island

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
So Boston gets in good driving distance of new Hampshire and Rhode island

Moonlight Meadery is located in Southern NH. They have a nice tour and tasting package. Make sure you check out Groupon before going, as you can usually get 50% to 60% discounts. There are also some nice breweries, with tasting rooms nearby (Kelsen brewery for one).

Reactions: Dan O

Maddawg

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hmmm dropkick Murphy's is gunna be in Boston next month too.....

Kempshark

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2015
Best meadery in Florida (no rafting and no tour necessary since so small) is Garagiste in Tampa. Incredible award winning meads.

Dan O

Honey Master
Registered Member
Oct 12, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
Moonlight Meadery is located in Southern NH. They have a nice tour and tasting package. Make sure you check out Groupon before going, as you can usually get 50% to 60% discounts. There are also some nice breweries, with tasting rooms nearby (Kelsen brewery for one).
I can vouch for Moonlight Meadery. I live local to them & have taken to tour. Small place, but, they boast an impressive selection of meads. Although, I have to say, I buy much less than I used to since I started making my own😉😋

edaskew

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 19, 2018
North Carolina and Mississippi
Do not miss the Etowah Meadery in Dahlonega, GA. The master meadmaker there won first place at the Mazer Cup, last year I believe or the year before for a dessert mead. He makes some excellent stuff. His fig mead is probably his best. This is a great time of year to visit Dahlonega. It's a bit cooler up there in those beautiful mountains in North Georgia. Count on it taking twice as long as you thought to get there, driving down those curvy, two lane, mountain roads.

Paladin906

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Aug 8, 2014
Meadery of the Rockies. I've never done a tour but I accidentally discovered their excellent mead while on vacay in Durango.

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns