• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Commercial Meadery Equipment: What Is Needed?

Ximo USA

NewBee
Registered Member
Hello Everyone,

I'm not really sure how I should approach this without being too direct but here it goes: What does a commercial meadery need in terms of equipment to facilitate scaling up their production of mead WITHOUT losing the quality control aspect. It is a really vague question, but it is a starting point for me to ask the right questions ;)

We will be attending MeadCon next year (really excited for it!) and would really like to bring along something substantial that will benefit the community. So any feedback would be phenomenal!

And on the flip-side, if anyone has any questions about equipment, realistic sourcing of equipment or perhaps planning on opening up a commercial brewery, I would be more than happy to address it!

Thanks for your time and appreciate you guys reading this post!

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
This is a strange post. When I read the title, the first thing that came to my mind was that if you have to ask that question you should probably just hang around a while and learn more. And then after that, I read your offering up advice. Just seems odd to me. Welcome to the community. Have you ever done a tour at a meadery? You would enjoy doing that I'm sure. I'm glad your comming to the conference. Look me up when your there. You might also enjoy voluntering to help out at the Mazer Cup. Really great people there and good fun as well.

Ximo USA

NewBee
Registered Member
Hi Squatchy!

Thanks for taking the time in replying back! I guess you are right about the awkward phrasing of both the post and the body of the post. I was trying my best to avoid making it seem like we were trying to sell something on here but at the same time letting people know that we can make equipment. Not only that, we don't want to take for granted any help that is given to us, which is why we wanted to also offer our own knowledge and experience so that we are contributing where we can. It's pretty hard to do but thanks for reading through it!

We actually are heading over to Hidden Hive Meadery tomorrow out in San Marcos to meet up with them and learn more about the craft!

And we will definitely meet at the conference as well as see what we can do to volunteer at the Mazer Cup!

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
SO it all makes total sense now. You'll need to sigh up to be a steward once it becomes available in January