• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

concord grape wine recipe needed

akingu

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Registered Member
Oct 27, 2020
usa
Good afternoon!

I have 1-1/2 gals of concord grape juice. looking for a recipe that will give me a semi-sweet wine when done. I have looked about but new to the forums and only a few showed up.
Suggestions? Also considering using oak cubes. Med toast and rc 212 yeast.

Thanks!

akingu

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Registered Member
Oct 27, 2020
usa
OK. Not a mead but here goes. I really should have gotten my stuff together first but here goes:

1-1/2 gals fresh concord grape juice
2 C sugar
RC 212
8 g fermaid k
4 g goferm
1/2 C water

Was already starting to ferment because see my first sentence. haven't done this in a while. Was looking for joes concord but coldn't find it although I did see alot of references. This dear folks, will be a noobs first lesson on how NOT to do it. Hell, we'll see how it goes and after all, as someone I know used to say, Custer took a chance once.