• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Damn, the world didn't end after all!

Barrel Char Wood Products

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
I'm happy. Though a world trip to visit all the apocalyptic destruction would have been cool too...

Also did you read the article about the Family Radio employees booking appointments for this week, next week, etc? Such conviction!

TheAlchemist

I am Meadlemania
GotMead Patron
Sep 9, 2010
near a lake
I'm happy. Though a world trip to visit all the apocalyptic destruction would have been cool too...

Also did you read the article about the Family Radio employees booking appointments for this week, next week, etc? Such conviction!

The people who thought up the "I'll adopt and care for your pets after the rapture" Insurance Program have made out like bandits...

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio

LOL!

ok, I have to type more. My wife doesn't like me laughing at these nut jobs. I understand respectikng religions but I can't help it on this one

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
You guys are missing the point! Everyone deserving of automatic salvation has been raptured... oh, let me see -- nobody's gone!! :rolleyes:

;D

Next time one of these stories takes hold, I will make an end of the world mead recipe, designed to be shared when the one following that catches on. These seem to pop up every 5 to 7 years, from what I remember. Of course the mother of all of 'em will be this 2012 date - so that's gotta be a really special recipe!

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
You guys are missing the point! Everyone deserving of automatic salvation has been raptured... oh, let me see -- nobody's gone!! :rolleyes:

;D

... good point!

Next time one of these stories takes hold, I will make an end of the world mead recipe, designed to be shared when the one following that catches on. These seem to pop up every 5 to 7 years, from what I remember. Of course the mother of all of 'em will be this 2012 date - so that's gotta be a really special recipe!

hrmmm, this sounds like a group brew IMO :)

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
How's about this, no recipe or theme other than aging - we age until whenever the next apocalypse is (no tiny fringe cults either, just the big ones!).

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
That sounds like a really good idea. I might be a silent partner in that, I still have no idea how technically challenging the chocolate group brew's gonna be for exchange purposes :)

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Or how about this -- a "Left Behind" theme mead for those of us still on earth after May 21st? ;D

Although I can laugh, I'm not poking fun or ridicule. Harold Camping has done this before, predicted Judgment Day will come in 1994. You'd think he would have learned the first time. I don't think he's a huckster like the Bakers/PTL, Jimmy Swaggert, and other noteworthy folk, at least, not according to the reports that have been surfacing so far.

I have a firm belief that irreverent humor is the best remedy for the excesses of this kind of thing. I used to be a ministerial canidate at Olivet Nazarene College/University, and in my day, there were a good number of us who were devotees of the old Wittenburg Door, a sort of Mad Magazine Christian publication, kind of between a magazine and a newsletter, bad typewriter fonts, poor editing with obvious typos, and all. Absolutely hilarious. Mike Yaconellli and co would have been tasteful and polite, then let it rip.

Hehe -- Ancient Joe's CW mead would be a good end times recipe. Quick, easy to make, and drinkable almost right away. A good mead for the End Times, the tribulations to follow? Something high octane?

--

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Bochet is when you caramelize (burn) the honey first. There's a couple interesting threads from a few months ago if you can get the search engine to cooperate.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns