• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Hellbender Meadery

Barrel Char Wood Products

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
My Bachelor's is in Anthropology. Think that'll do 'er?

I didn't either.

So close to UCD, I ought to go back to school. :)

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
Damn! they don't want much, do they........

Most with degree level enology are probably in the wine or beer sectors - already mature industries and paying a decent rate.

Plus, like skunkboy says, there won't be that many people with that amount of professional mead making experience........

Still, I'm sure that they'll find someone to suit. It's too far for the commute for me to bother applying :eek:;)8)

Noe Palacios

Aristaeus' Apprentice
GotMead Patron
JOB OPENING - HELLBENDER Meadery

Position/Title: Head Mead Maker
Job Location: Rogersville, MO
Job Category: Meadmaking and Production

DESCRIPTION:
Hellbender Meadery is a start up Meadery looking for an experienced mead maker to oversee the production of high quality mead and influence the full spectrum of the meadmaking processes. It is necessary for the mead maker to participate in the design of the Meadery, as well as provide input into the development of budgets and operating strategies to accomplish financial goals for the meadery. The high energy individual we are seeking will be a high value member of the production and management team. This position is full time and will require relocation to the Rogersville, Missouri area where the meadery is located.

PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure maximum productivity and efficiency in creating high quality meads. Responsible for mead blends, storage and stabilization.
Update and maintain daily bulk mead receipts into database. Update and maintain bulk mead contracts. Update and maintain cellar dry goods into database.
Develop and maintain production work schedule.
Develop and maintain bottling schedule.
Create a barrel program and source barrels.
Manage maintenance of meadery equipment.
Oversee and/or perform activities included in the operation of mead cellar.
Oversee activities of cellar and mead maker assistants to ensure conformance of standard operating procedures and other meadmaking practices.
Prepare short and long term production plans, honey, fruit, spice and bulk mead inventory requirements.
Prepare monthly production and activities reports for GM and Senior Management.
Lead new mead brand development and implementation.
Represent the organization as a technical and creative resource in mead and meadmaking matters.
Keep abreast of mead industry trends including development and evaluation.
Cultivate relationships with local beekeepers and apiculturalists.
Perform other duties as defined by Senior Management.

ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
Maintain professional relationship with outside vendors and business associates within the community.
Keep abreast of mead warehouse products and inventory.
Share and provide services and assistance when necessary to meadmaking staff to ensure skill and craft development within the company.

QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors Degree in Enology, Brewing, Fermentation, or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
5-7 years meadmaker or brewer, and/or manufacturing/production management and knowledge of bottling production process to include supervisor duties.
Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet and email applications.

Salary Information:
DOE
Contact Information:
Please email resume and cover letter to - MeadWerkz@gmail.com

Spanish? Russian?

Hmmm, I have enought with my nano-meadery.

Un abrazo - Обнимаю

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The qualifications are a target rather than an absolute. Always ask for high quality certs and experience. We're looking for the right person with right combination of drive, motivation, education, experience and personality to drive this business to a successful entry into the market.

If you feel like you can do the job then fire off a resume and cover letter to the address on the posting for consideration and review. All serious submissions will be considered.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
The qualifications are a target rather than an absolute. Always ask for high quality certs and experience. We're looking for the right person with right combination of drive, motivation, education, experience and personality to drive this business to a successful entry into the market.

If you feel like you can do the job then fire off a resume and cover letter to the address on the posting for consideration and review. All serious submissions will be considered.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Sorry if we made too light of it.

Take my response mostly as a sign that if I could, I'd ditch the current 9-5 for something more interesting if I could.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey folks,

I split this thread and moved the comments into The Hive. This is a business trying to hire a mead maker and while the posts are on-topic I want to keep the job-posting clutter free.

Thanks,

Oskaar

Noe Palacios

Aristaeus' Apprentice
GotMead Patron

Cheers,

Oskaar

Good temptation ... but sorry my friend, I'm having an adictive fun here in my own nano, and I'm sure there are a lot of qualified meadmaker there, so ...

Mi amigo ... un abrazo

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
I was going to say, Oskaar's involved and not running the show?

Seems kinda like starting a hockey team and putting Gretzky in goal instead of where he belongs! ;)

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
Nah, Larry Ellison is trying the make the last one useless... ;-)

Don't get me started. My IT group within a division of a multinational corporation just spent several million Life Cycling a bunch of hardware.

When I call for support I can't just give them our contract number tied to hundreds of millions in sales to my company. No.... I have to have the serial number of one specific tape drive in a robotic library. I have to prove the hardware is really broken. I have to go through layers of Bull to get an FE to show up to the DC and do a replacement. While there's something to be said about Storage Tek being a different company, my experience with something as simple as an FC GBIC replacement is no better.

Sun support has gone down the tubes since Oracle took over.

Ditto for DataDomain and EMC

Loadnabox

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 17, 2011
Ohio
I was going to say, Oskaar's involved and not running the show?

Seems kinda like starting a hockey team and putting Gretzky in goal instead of where he belongs! ;)

Or as coach...

My Canadian SIL was thrilled when we went to a Coyotes game and got to meet Gretzky :)

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
Holy Honey Boo-Boo!
It looks they'll be a meadery up for sale soon.

Of course these new synthetic drugs are no laughing matter. There have been cases (quite well documented) where a single use has resulted in permanent brain damage and/or a serious psychotic break. It isn't like the good old days when it was just marijuana and cocaine. I've had some frank discussions with my young'uns and I pray they heed the warning.

nateo

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 3, 2012
The meadmaker they hired is super nice and I wish him all the best. I was asking him about his employers, since I read the job description on here. The conversation went something like this:

"How did those people manage to make millions of dollars?"
They got it selling fake drugs.
"Fake drugs? That sounds really illegal."
Yeah, they said it's not. I don't know how, but it's not illegal.
"Huh."

So, it turns out it's actually really illegal.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns