• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I'd like to apologize now

Barrel Char Wood Products

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY
I'm not trying to be forum hog or show off, I've been gone for almost two years (the longest I was home during that time frame was three weeks, before being shipped off again) and have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't made a dent in the posts yet, I'm guessing and say I'm about 10% into the forum, 90% to go. Please bear with me. -Chuck ::)

P.S.
Could I get a response to my post http://www.gotmead.com/smf/index.php/topic,913.0.html In regards to titration adjustment Thanks.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
What the hell you apologizing for ???

The whole idea here is to post thoughts, ideas, recipes, techniques and to help wherever possible. So feel free to type away until there are little bits of bone showing through your fingertips.

Besides, it's good to see someone else that makes manly batch sizes of 15 - 30 gallons at a whack.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Oskaar said:
Besides, it's good to see someone else that makes manly batch sizes of 15 - 30 gallons at a whack.

You wouldn't need such "manly" sized batches if you didn't "spill" as much as you do during racking... ;) ;) ;)

Try racking while sober... ;D ;D ;D

Or try racking the first gallon into a glass vessel rather than your mouth... ::) ::) ::)

With a huge grin,
Pewter

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
toolboxdiver said:
Thats how the old Viking King in legend drowned in the vat of Mead, now there's a Manly size batch ;D
You know... every good Mazer should become a competent swimmer... while drunk... just to prevent such unneccessary deaths... I lose more friends that way and am really concerned about Oskaar and Miriam... ::) ::) ::)

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Pewter_of_Deodar said:
toolboxdiver said:
Thats how the old Viking King in legend drowned in the vat of Mead, now there's a Manly size batch ;D
You know... every good Mazer should become a competent swimmer... while drunk... just to prevent such unneccessary deaths... I lose more friends that way and am really concerned about Oskaar and Miriam... ::) ::) ::)

Yea I know what ya mean, I swim quite well I enjoy scuba and well Mead or water I reckon I'll be ok.....lol

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Toolbox,

There's an idea for Oskaar to come up with and improve upon. Safety gear to prevent unneccessary drownings from Mead...

A mead snorkel !!! Go to it Oskaar !!!

::) ::) ::)

Everyone have a great day,
Pewter

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
Fear not, gallant Pewter. :-*I will not drown in a vat of mead...for one thing there wouldn't be room for one in my apartment, I mean domicile. Rather direct your energies into praying for the quick apparition of my washing machine repairman, because if I drown in anything it's going to be in the flood of detergent and water that came pouring out of the stupid thing this morning.

Miriam, aka the Harassed Housewife
(too old and matronly to qualify as Meadwench)

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY
You've made me think, I'll start wearing a snorkel around my kettle and conical (my only two drowning hazards at the moment, unless I pass out in a bucket...Hmmm ::))

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Miriam said:
Fear not, gallant Pewter. :-*I will not drown in a vat of mead...for one thing there wouldn't be room for one in my apartment, I mean domicile. Rather direct your energies into praying for the quick apparition of my washing machine repairman, because if I drown in anything it's going to be in the flood of detergent and water that came pouring out of the stupid thing this morning.

I have Prayed to the Gods that your washing machine repairman arived and the flood waters have gone down Miriam :)

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Miriam said:
Welp... it seems like we are in dire need of some sort of honorary title here... And Meadwench is already claimed by several here... Hmmmmm... Let me see...

l'amoureux féminin de vin de miel *sorry, they didn't have Hebrew*

Almost sounds obscene, doesn't it? Hope that your washing machine is fixed and that you have a great evening!

Pewter

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Lagerman64 said:
I'm not trying to be forum hog or show off, I've been gone for almost two years (the longest I was home during that time frame was three weeks, before being shipped off again) and have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't made a dent in the posts yet, I'm guessing and say I'm about 10% into the forum, 90% to go. Please bear with me. -Chuck ::)

Welcome home from the trenches, Chuck, and post away to your hearts content. Heck, you'll have your work cut out for you, Oskaar posts enough here to hold up the whole forum! ('s why I made him a forum god, he's around enough to help me keep track of stuff around here )

I'm pretty flexible about posting around here, as long as no one flames, you can pretty much post as much as you like.

So, welcome home, welcome back to Gotmead, and have fun catching up!

Vicky - and BTW, thanks for serving in the defense of freedom

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
Let me announce, to everyone's certain relief, that The Washing Machine is now spinning serenely away and keeping its water to itself.

Moi, I'm not fluent in French. Spanish? Portuguese? A little Yiddish? Harrassed Housewife still works for me in the meantime. And Pewter, please respect my grey hairs and keep naughty nomenclature far from me. ;D

Miriam, seeing birthday #51 looming up come July

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Dang Miriam!

I though you said youze old! 51 ain't no thang. My mom has stuff in her fridgermarator older than that!

Mmmmmmmmmmm, doonuts . . . .

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Oskaar said:
Dang Miriam!

I though you said youze old! 51 ain't no thang. My mom has stuff in her fridgermarator older than that!

Mmmmmmmmmmm, doonuts . . . .

AWWWW MANNNNN.....oskaar that was way too much information. That goes above and beyond a science experiment........lol have a great day ;D

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Miriam,

Not even an ounce of naughty nomenclature...

All I called you is a "female lover of honey wine"...

If it is not true, I apologize profusely, but the stack of empty bottles on your back step tells me otherwise... ::) ::) ::)

With a grin,
Pewter

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
Toolboxdiver, your prayers worked! :D

Oskaar, your, er, gallantry is noted and appreciated. :D But let me state now, I love being my age and like myself better now than at any time before. Hope you'll be in the same frame of mind when you get to my present age.

And Pewter, my French exists only in virtue of other Latin languages I speak, but I suspect that it goes "femme qu' aime bien le vin de miel" - correct me if I'm wrong!

As for those bottles - you're wrong. There are no bottles on my back step. Because I recycle everything. ;)

Miriam

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Miriam said:
Toolboxdiver, your prayers worked! :D

Oskaar, your, er, gallantry is noted and appreciated. :D But let me state now, I love being my age and like myself better now than at any time before. Hope you'll be in the same frame of mind when you get to my present age.

And Pewter, my French exists only in virtue of other Latin languages I speak, but I suspect that it goes "femme qu' aime bien le vin de miel" - correct me if I'm wrong!

As for those bottles - you're wrong. There are no bottles on my back step. Because I recycle everything. ;)

Miriam

You are quite welcome Miriam, The Gods and me are pretty tight....lol when I put in a request somehow it comes to happen, well have a great day ;D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Miriam,

I kind of like:

La belle dame sans merci pour un petit verre du vin de miel.

or in more modern french

La belle femme sans pitié pour un petit verre de vin de miel.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns