• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

It's time to bottle again.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
So it's obviously time to bottle. I can tell when some of my Carboys start to have too much headspace that I need to bottle again.
4272fc1d27c464d012238e6cb2fa6293.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
I looked back and found that I had bottled 33 cases on 7/3/16. These were all empty then. I think I have a fermentation problem.

Worthewait

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 2, 2016
A "fermentation problem"? I don't see a problem unless you've run out of bottles...

djsxxx

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 18, 2016
United kingdom
The only fermentation problem you have is that there doesn't seem to be anything fermenting!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
That's not where I do my fermentations at djxxx. That would be in a different part of the house where I have about 25 gallons going. If you look you can see 3 Carboys on the right with active yeast in them that are probably close to dry. I'll stir them with the Lee's in it for another 3-4 weeks before I stabilize/cold crash/rack.

djsxxx

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 18, 2016
United kingdom
Ah yes! Have to look closely to see those airlocks.

In that case, no problem!

Must say, I'm very envious of the space you have for brewing!

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
The only fermentation problem you have is that there doesn't seem to be anything fermenting!

Here is where I ferment
3355fa7d3e8aa978453d156191e40fc1.jpg

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns