• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Just in case you're wondering....

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I haven't been around much the last couple days, because Hostcentric graciously decided to destroy my real estate listing application I had on their servers, and lose the database.

I had a backup of the software (custom PHP program done in 2001), and managed to find a 45 day old copy of the database. Both are now uploaded, but now I can't get the software to run correctly. Nevermind I've changed all the database login info and references to reflect the new location, nevermind I've setup all the permissions (though I'm winging those and could be wrong), it just won't work right.

So, now I've got to finish Redstone yesterday, and somehow also get this *$&*%*&# PHP app working, and I don't know PHP. ::Sigh::

So, I probably won't be around much this week either, I expect I'll be doing la vida loca trying not to get clobbered by my customers while I try to fix this issue and complete my project all at the same time.

Don't mind me, guys, I just needed to vent, and my family is tired of hearing me scream at Hostcentric dweebs and doesn't want to hear it anymore......

Vicky -- going to take a quick nap, and work the rest of the night trying to figure out the Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_query() error I can't track down....

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Yeah,

But what about the Chatroom function?! I mean, we've been waiting here for, like, ever! Make an effort already, wouldja?!

Heh. Just yankin' ya.

Hope the computery stuff clears up for you soonest. :p

-David, enjoying his latest batch of Two-week Pyment (maybe a little too much)

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Vent away Vicky, we're here to listen, help (hopefully) and yank ya' :-\
Hope you get it fixed soon.

Ted

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns