• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

New Detroit Meadery looking for volunteers

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Folks, view the ad here

Ad text:

B. Nektar Meadery in Ferndale, MI is looking for volunteers to help get the meadery going. We can't afford to hire anyone right now, but volunteering may lead to employment.

We're looking for someone who is familiar with construction, insulation, and cooling systems to help us build a walk-in aging cellar.

Willing to share mead, honey, experience and free lunch/dinner.

If interested, contact Brad Dahlhofer. My e-mail address is available on our website http://www.bnektar.com

Thanks,

Brad

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
I've been following Brad's startup efforts on other forums for a while, and he definitely has the "right attitude" about meadmaking as well as starting a commercial venture. If you are in his area and want to learn the craft from someone who has taken the plunge into the commercial realm, he'd be a good guy to learn from!

Yo momma

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 14, 2007
Flint, Michigan
Talk about the right thing at the wrong time. I would love to volunteer but I have a great county job and volunteer with the AYSO soccer league and at my sons school. If there is any way I can help other than be at the shop, I would.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Folks, just a note, I put this up, and Brad is *not* reading this thread (that I know of). So if you wish to respond to *him*, go to his website and email him......

Vicky - heading back to continue working on a customer site......

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
We're planning to bottle our first batch on July 13th starting at 8AM. If anyone is interested in volunteering (a few have already contacted me), please send me a private message or try me at my e-mail, brad [at] bnektar.com.

We're looking for people to help with the bottling line. Also, if anyone has an extra Enolmatic bottle filler, it would come in handy.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner (if necessary) included. Also, I'm sure we'll crack open some bottles of celebration mead to commemorate our first bottling day!

Cheers,

Brad Dahlhofer

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns