• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

NewBee

Barrel Char Wood Products

MeadLifeCrisis

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 27, 2018
USA
"Long time listener, first time caller." Haha. Just saying hello. Been lurking a while. Finally made an account in November. To date I've made a couple wine kits, a traditional mead, 2 JAOM, cyser, bochet, melomel, and some wines using store bought or home juiced fruit.

Really enjoying this hobby so far. Recently graduated to making 3 gal batches. I think I've satisfied my urges to make a few different varieties to start. Got some aging. I've got a bunch of empty bottles, some swing top, and a floor corker.

Taking in some of the advice I've read on here so far I think I'm going to slow down on all the different varieties and just keep sharpening my skills making traditionals for a while. Going to start listening to the modern mead making podcasts and taking notes!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4give

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 1, 2018
Montrose, CO
Hello - Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised no one has taken that avatar name yet - LOL. I'm betting you like puns. :p

It sounds like you have some experience, and are heading in a good direction with a plan.

MeadLifeCrisis

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 27, 2018
USA
Hello - Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised no one has taken that avatar name yet - LOL. I'm betting you like puns.

It sounds like you have some experience, and are heading in a good direction with a plan.
Thanks! I was shocked myself. I sure do!

I appreciate that. I feel like I know a good amount of the basics now and am here to learn the finer points and take my mead to the next level. I'm grateful to all the veterans who have already made the mistakes so I don't have to haha.

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Welcome

I'm not blowing my own horn. You won't find better info than what is on the podcast. Start on 9/5/17

MeadLifeCrisis

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 27, 2018
USA
Welcome

I'm not blowing my own horn. You won't find better info than what is on the podcast. Start on 9/5/17
Thanks. I started with that one earlier. I'll likely listen to them on my daily commute to work.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns