• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Pennsic 37

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
Did anyone actually make it to Pennsic from east/wherever?

I got to try about 30138483 different kinds of mead, but I didn't get to meet up with anyone, or run into Vicki or anyone else who was there.

:(

skunkboy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 30, 2005
Between Jackson and Detroit
I thought Pennsic ran through this week? Dunno, never been, but one of my local club members really wanted me to show up and share my product with people. Might have been able to if Gencon wasn't this week...

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
It ended on Friday, Teardown was Saturday and we had to clear coopers by 3pm Sunday afternoon. :(

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Vicki was there. Ran into her two or three times including Wednesday at the Novice Tasting.

I was there as well. House DeLondres, right behind the solar showers...

Wish you could have stopped in...

Pewter

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
Pewter_of_Deodar said:
I was there as well. House DeLondres, right behind the solar showers...
It took me until Saturday of tear down to realize that the structure near the barn were actually showers... and that X05 had solar showers.

I get a huge fail in pennsic mapping.

I was over in W10, but X05 was something I went by a few times!

Also, a mead maker I ran into on Monday of War Week said that Ken Schramm was actually at Pennsic for some period of time? Was it true? Did I miss getting a copy of my bible signed? Or was I getting hit by someone pranking me? :)

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I doubt Ken was there, far as I know he's not SCA...at least he's not really into it when I mention it to him..

You'd have been lucky to run into me, I live up in the Highlands in the 'N's'. I'm with the Outlanders way out past the fighting field, halfway up the road to Mount Aislinn (the archery hill). I was out and about in merchanting, down in the Bog, around the 'ghetti.

Best place to look for me (or leave me a message) is at Odyssey Coffee, over by the Barn. I hang out there for a while each day with various friends.

Also, if you're going to be at Pennsic, just let me know, I'll be happy to swap phone numbers so we can hook up.

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
Vicky - the Meadwench said:
I doubt Ken was there, far as I know he's not SCA...at least he's not really into it when I mention it to him..
So I got pranked. :( Meanies. This is what I get for camping with wandering travellers who prank a lot. :)

You'd have been lucky to run into me, I live up in the Highlands in the 'N's'. I'm with the Outlanders way out past the fighting field, halfway up the road to Mount Aislinn (the archery hill). I was out and about in merchanting, down in the Bog, around the 'ghetti.
I only made it up that way three times to hit the archery range. It's a haul from where I was to get there!

Best place to look for me (or leave me a message) is at Odyssey Coffee, over by the Barn. I hang out there for a while each day with various friends.

Also, if you're going to be at Pennsic, just let me know, I'll be happy to swap phone numbers so we can hook up.
I didn't see that Coffee place, but then again I didn't notice all of the signs. I will be there next year so it'll be then. :)

dogglebe

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 14, 2003
hbd.org
If I don't make it next year, you'll probably read about my suicide in the papers...unless I take you with me.

Phil (still upset about this year)

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
If I don't make it next year, you'll probably read about my suicide in the papers...unless I take you with me.
You have to come next year, if only so you can try many of my awful mead-based-poisons! :) :)

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Phil, I missed you this year, my camp was small and it was *lonely*.....it would have been fun to get together and share some brews.

Sorry to hear about your dumped meads, you'd think the landlord could discern the difference between beer and acid :confused:.

I plan to be at Pennsic in '09, so we should maybe get together a group from here so we can meet up and hang out.....