• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Say hello to "Oskaarz Raalfael der Vogelhundt"

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Some of you may know that I had to put pFredd (my 17 year old German Shorthaired Pointer) down in November of 2009. It was a very sad day indeed, but, he had a great life and was a loyal friend, excellent hunter, had impeccable taste in women and knew how to party with the best of them.

After a time I felt like I was ready to get another hunting partner and was able to get in touch with the breeder who brought pFredd into my world.

So without further ado, please give a big GotMead welcome to:

Oskaarz Raalfael der Vogelhundt (I call him Raalfe for short)

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
So little!

The most important question: what is his favorite mead?

Congrats on the new addition!

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Like pFredd he's a teatotaler, at least so far. I generally don't feed my birddogs booze of any kind so as not to interfere with their noses, or risk any long term reduction of scenting ability for hunting.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
"Welcome to GotMead?"

Is he really pointing already? :eek:

Way to go Raalfe!

Heck yeah, he's totally pointing already.

He's at sixteen weeks now and goes on full point. I've got him catching a tennis ball when I throw it to him, and he's pretty solid on sit, down, stay, here and does not pull on the lead at all when out and about. Smart boy, but still very much a precocious and feisty puppy!

Tannin Boy

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 6, 2010
Webster, NY
Like pFredd he's a teatotaler, at least so far. I generally don't feed my birddogs booze of any kind so as not to interfere with their noses, or risk any long term reduction of scenting ability for hunting.

Cheers,

Oskaar

I must confess, I have never thought of giving my Brit an alcoholic cocktail..
What I have offered up is a T bone steak after a whooping day over grouse;D

To Future Hunts and all that it brings to living the outdoor life!

TB

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Congratulations, Papa! 17 years is a good long time for a dog to keep you company, I hope that this boy gives you at least 17 more!

He's gorgeous!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns