• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Turning Hollywood onto mead

African Bronze Honey - 50% off for GotMead members

JayH

NewBee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
Well another interesting evening.

They are filming a new TV series on our block and the food services truck is parked quite literally in out front yard (or at least on the street in front of our house), I’ll weight 800 lbs by the time this is through.

But the reason for this post is what happened after filming today. I had the producer and the lead actor, over for a mead tasting.

They started clearing off the table, so before they could finish, here is a photo of the damages, with my friend Niel in the background.

It included.

Beer:

Heather Ale

Yarrow Ale

Gruit Ale with all local herbs, Yarrow, Juniper, Rosemary and Sage, very interesting, but I doubt if I will do it again.

Sage infused double Belgium

Cider (you can see the “Cheap Cider growler in the background”)

Meads:

Semi Sweat Show Mead
Dry Show Mead
Dry, Semi Sweat and Sweat JAO
Lime
Lemon
Petite Sirah based Pyment
Blackberry
Pomegranate
Semi Sweat Chocolate mead
Ginger Mead
Sage Mead
Hatch Chili and Chocolate Mead

I’m working on having a wrap party at our house, the hook is I will provide all the beer and mead. If I’m lucky I’ll turn a whole small subset of Hollywod onto mead.

Cheers
Jay

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I don't see the photo but by the list, holy crap, you weren't kidding about cleaning off the table!

;D Closest I've come to an honest to goodness star has been helping to make armour for one...

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
That sounds like a great time, and much better than what I thought the title was originally: Turning Hollywood INTO Mead. That just didn't seem likely. :p

Tiwas

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 30, 2011
Oslo, Norway
That sounds like a great time, and much better than what I thought the title was originally: Turning Hollywood INTO Mead. That just didn't seem likely. :p
And something tells me it'd taste really bad. Almost like a...hollywood movie, or something :p

African Bronze Honey - 50% off for GotMead members