• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

favoriting a thread

Barrel Char Wood Products

capoeirista13

Honey Master
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2008
Philadelphia
Hey I'm really not sure if this is possible. If it is possible I've probably just missed something simple. But I'm wondering if there is a way to favorite a thread so I can find it easily later.

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
I don't think there is a way to "favorite" a thread other than bookmarking it in your browser.

You can, however, "Subscribe" to a thread. When you do this, there is always a link to it in your User Control Panel. You can set options to have an email sent to you if someone adds to it.

To Subscribe, click on Thread Tools (at the top of the thread, not the individual post) and select "Subscribe to this Thread". You'll be presented with a list of options on notifications, etc.

Have Fun!
:cheers:
Wade

capoeirista13

Honey Master
Registered Member
Aug 17, 2008
Philadelphia
This is a way to favorite I got from vino, in case anyone is curious

To set up a Favorites Folder

From the Forum Home Page
Select “Quick Links” (upper right)
Under Miscellaneous select “Subscribed Threads”
On the upper right of this page titled “Subscribed Threads In Folder, select “Edit Folders”
Add a New Folder ie “Favorites”
Click “Save Folders”

Now go to a thread you would like to add to your Favorites
At the top of the thread select “Thread Tools”
Select “Subscribe to this thread
Select Folder “Favorites”

Any time you want to view your Favorites from the Forum Home Page
Select “Quick Links” (upper right)
Select “Subscribed Threads”
Select “Favorites”

It seems like a lot of steps, but once it is set up and you run through it a couple of times it gets easier. There may be another way, this is just how I set mine up.

Hope it Helps!

Vino
Forward Message

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
Thanks capoeirista & Vino!

I hadn't explored that option yet, should save me some time. I point back to a lot of threads in my posts and that will save a lot of time looking them up again all the time.

:cheers:
Wade

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
OK, now you can 'favorite' a thread. Under 'Thread Tools' in each thread is a drop down that has 'favorite this'. This will show up in your User Profile, and you can see your most recent favorites on the main menu under 'Favorites'.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Be cool with it, folks. If you favorite every little thing, you'll bog down the forum and I'll have to turn off the toy......so keep it reasonable...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns