• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Hey . . . Where are all the pros??

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
We'd love to hear from youse guyz!

I've seen MeadMax out there on the usenet from Rabbitsfoot Meadery, but no comments in here from any of these guys. I'd like to hear their stories and what drove them to go commercial, along with their successes, and lessons learned.

Come on guys, we're looking for some great success stories.

Thanks,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I've traded emails with a meadmaker at Medovina and invited him to come to the forum and share his experiences. I hope he decides to check it out.

I haven't tried their meads yet. But I was very interested in the name Medovina because it is the word for mead in several Eastern European Countries (including Croatia which is my family's origin).

The folks at Medovina used the name from the Czech point of view, and seem like nice people. As I mentioned I haven't tried their mead yet, but if anyone else has I'd love to hear how it stood up to a tasting.

Thanks,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I spoke to two meadmakers this week, Chaucers and Ni-Bit. I invited them both to surf the forum and chime in wherever they feel the need to do so.

Hope they stop by!

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
The Redstone folk, the official 'pros' for this section of the forum, are a bit busy just now, since they put on the Mead Fest every year. I expect Julia and her folks will be back when the furor dies down in December.......

Vicky

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns