• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead In Kaua'i-Nani Moon Mead

Barrel Char Wood Products

triarchy

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 28, 2010
WI
My wife and I were in Kaua'i a few months ago and ran across Nani Moon Mead. We met and talked to Stephanie for quite a long time and she gave us the full tour, including tastings of 4 meads. The only one we didnt get was the Laka's Nectar, made with Mountain Apple. We dont really care for Mt. Apple that much (it doesnt really have much taste to it). We liked the Pineapple/Guava, the Ginger Spice, and the Star Fruit/Lilikoi (passionfruit). The web site write up on the Ginger Spice kills me because it references those notoriously cold Hawaian nights ;D Having just suffered thru a Wisconsin winter, I laughed...and cried a bit too.

Stephanie was great and the mead was really good and definately had different flavor combinations than we were used to. They are all dry meads and the only thing I wished for was one medium mead to really show off the tropical fruit flavors. Maybe next time.

jkane

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 3, 2010
SE Wisconsin
www.kane1.com
I am SOO jealous! I am working on getting meads to taste at our World of Beer Festival in Menominee Falls in June. That meadery looked very interesting, but they don't ship to Wisconsin. :(

Did you bring some back? ;D

Where in Wisconsin? I'll be there by the end of the day! :p If you are near Milwaukee, I can be there by lunch time! 8)

triarchy

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 28, 2010
WI
Hey jkane. Im up by Green Bay. We couldnt resist buying some, but my mead drinking friends and I have long since emptied those. If you really are interested in some of their mead, I might be able to work out a way to get them to ship to you (let me know). Id have to talk to Stephanie to remember what she told me about how to do it. I do remember asking her how I could get more, but after that it all goes blank. Nancy Reagan was probably right after all ;D

AA, I know what you mean. My wife and I havent been back to Kaua'i for 10 years (we used to live in Cali and it was our go to vacation spot). When we moved to WI, it was too hard to get there, or so we thought. But after being back on the island for a day, it all flooded back to us...just how much we loved that place. It dwarfs every other vacation spot we have been to. Cant wait to go back.

jkane

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 3, 2010
SE Wisconsin
www.kane1.com
Do you enter meads in the Falling Down Fermentation in the fall? My wife and I go to that. One of our favorite contests. Not too big, and nothing but high gravity beverages with mostly meads! ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns