• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Quick grape pyment trouble

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dusty Trail

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Hello all. First post here, thanks for having me. I’m more of a mead dabbler and have just made one gallon batches with dewberries with good results. The Joes Quick Grape Pyment looked interesting so I gave it a try today. I followed the recipe and instructions using 64oz of Welches grape juice and 2 pounds of honey and Lalvin EC1118 yeast. I did not have the buckwheat honey so omitted that. I shook the grape juice/honey mixture nonstop for 5 minutes, noticed not all the honey was dissolved, shook another 5 minutes, thought I had it, pitched my yeast, then moments later noticed about 3/4 inch of undissolved honey settled at the bottom. Ugh…what to do? Is the batched ruined? It’s only been about 6 hours and it’s fermenting already.
Thanks in advance

Dusty Trail

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 11, 2022
Texas
Thanks for the quick replies. I looked today and y’all were right, it all seems to be pretty well combined and is bubbling away. All I have to do now is wait and see how it turns out.
Thanks again
Dusty

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns