• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

BOMM Question

Barrel Char Wood Products

Hezzer78

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Dec 31, 2013
Houston, Texas
Pretty new to making mead, but I've made a JAOM, a traditional, and yo mamma's strawberry in the works.

I figured I'd make another quick mead to take with us to our local ren faire next month, so I thought I'd try the BOMM protocol.

I followed the directions, and gave my husband the jug to shake up and dissolve the honey. We both thought it was all dissolved, but I guess not. (which explains why my OG was lower than expected). This morning when I woke up after pitching last night, I noticed a thick layer of honey around the bottom of the jug. I tried to stir it up, but the foam is such that I'm afraid I'll lose half my mead if I agitate it too much - I did aerate it slowly with a stir stick.

Is it cool if it just sits there on the bottom? Or should I maybe transfer this mess to a bucket so I can stir it up properly?

loveofrose

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Nov 9, 2012
Texas
Day 2 and 4 would probably be close enough. It goes really fast once it starts up!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns