• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Desert Island

Barrel Char Wood Products

GntlKnght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2004
Well, I was recently "stranded" on an 11 hour flight, so this topic seems strangely familiar. The CDs I took with me were:

Billy Joels - Greatest Hits
Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell II
Brother - either Exit to Screechville or Black Stone Tramp (love 'em both and would have a hard time choosing)

(even tho, you didn't ask) If I could choose the next three, they would be:
Wilhelm Tell Overture
Phantom of the Opera
Brother - (the other one that you wouldn't let me bring in my first 3 choices!)

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
David Baldwin said:
"Here's a health to the company, and one to my lass. Let us drink and be merry - all out of one glass. Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain. For we may or might never all meet here again."

Good song. Kevin Conneff does a nice presentation on "A Chieftains Celebration." Here's a URL for the full version with music notes: http://www.8notes.com/scores/4893.asp?ftype=midi

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The Chieftans - Long Black Veil - Great Album

I'd also hide one called the Concert for Sarajevo. It's a live recording with Pavoratti, Delores O'Reirdan, Meatloaf, and a host of others. Great stuff.

CosmicCharlie

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2004
I might have to change my answer depending on what all grows on the island.

B00005AQEQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

lbaker

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 24, 2004
www.moremead.com
Let see...

<blockquote>1) <a href="http://www.emeraldrose.com/fifthcd.htm">Songs for the Night Sky</a>, by Emerald Rose. (IMO one of the best celtic/folk/pagan/rock albums ever made. World Wedding is absolutely fantastic, with Urania Sings coming in a close second!
2) "Boston", by Boston
3) "You can Tune a Piano but you can't Tuna Fish", by REO Speedwagon!

and should one of those not be available, my backup would have to be an album that was out in the late 70's called "Various Redneck Mothers". It constained some real good redneck beer (or mead) drinking music!</blockquote>

Lyle Baker
A Medieval Redneck in Texas
Scarborough Faire, April 9th to May 30th, 2005

CheshireCat

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
1. Seven Nations - The Factory
2. The Wicker Man soundtrack
3. Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming

Those are my three, it was hard choosing, it was tough trying to decide between my number 3 choice and Radiohead's "Kid A" album. ;)

E

Erik

I see very little music I've ever heard of, less I've actually heard... -_-;

1. Waking the Fallen ~ Avenged Sevenfold
2. Deftones ~ Around the Fur
3. Nightwish ~ Once

(Not in preferential order, Deftones, then Nightwish then AX7)

Val

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
1. Songs you know by heart - Jimmy Buffet
2. Book of Secrets - Loreena McKennitt
3. American Idiot - Greenday

ancjr

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 7, 2005
Could I have a set of speakers, a preamp, amplifier and electric generator that ran on sea water as well? ;)

Ween - The Mollusk
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns