• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Eltham District 44th Annual Wineshow

Barrel Char Wood Products

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bundoora, Melbourne, Australia
Down under in Australia in one of the southernmost states named Victoria, The Eltham and District Amateur Winemaker's guild is holding their 44th Annual Eltham Wineshow.
This year there is a marked increase of interest in meads, with a total of 25 entries. That's over 5% of a group with a strong grape following.

In an effort to promote mead further, we have been having tastings, and I am also making some Pyments.

The Wineshow is on the 17th Of November and there is a brochure here

The guild's website is www.amateurwine.org.au

Entry for participants is now closed, but if you have mead you'd like to enter, I could be able to twist the arm of the committee (as I'm on it) in an effort to boost the number of mead entries.

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
puhebapy.jpg

Here's the mead class, including the trophy for best mead that I knocked up on the lathe.

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
Congratulations to both of you!
The trophy is impressive too.

Sent from my THINGAMAJIG with WHATCHAMACALLIT

Thanks Medsen, I turned it up myself. - Last year I won best in class and all I got was a certificate. I was damned if that was happening again!

Unfortunately, neither of us won the trophy, but then, that's what next year is for!

Last edited:
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns