• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Lets psychoanalyze Oskaars avatar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
This is so cool! I wish my dreams were that simple! LOL

My dreams are so much more complicated than the stuff I made up. It's just fun to give everyone a hard time.

Cheeers,

Oskaar

Sigmund Von Meader

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2005
Oskaar said:
Hey Doc,

I keep having this dream where . . . . .

Actually I was making it all up! But I love torturing dream interpreters. LOL

Well, yes, that was certainly self evident, however, the free loose associations during the imaginative excursion were *most* interesting.

Perhaps too much nutmeg in a methglyn?

Suzy_Q_Brewmistres

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 18, 2004
Sigmund...
I didn't see anyone welcome you to the forum....
So... a big Welcome to you.
Tell me... are you a meadmaker as well... ;)
I look forward to further analization of our bad boys of the group...

:-* Suzy Q

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Suzy_Q_MeadFaerie said:

Hmmm...'analization'?!?! I am sure Freud would have something to say about that. Maybe I just misunderstand this hobby and should re-read Ken's book. I seem to have missed that chapter.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I never bought in to Freud's psycho-sexual development hoo haa anyway, especially the Oedipus complex.

Cheers,

Oskaar

R

Ranna

Sigmund Von Meader said:
Perhaps too much nutmeg in a methglyn?

For you to get enough myristicin out of the nutmeg to mess you up into your mead, you'd have to use three to four whole nutmegs, freshly ground, per glass.

Needless to say, that'd be a pretty.. ur.. rasty mead :eek:)

Besides, I think the mind tends to come up with more interesting things sober than on empathogens.

Sigmund Von Meader

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2005
Suzy_Q_MeadFaerie said:
Sigmund...
I didn't see anyone welcome you to the forum....
So... a big Welcome to you.
Tell me... are you a meadmaker as well... ;)

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I'm a meadmaker but only recently. The first batch, a traditional mead, went poorly. It struggled and struggled for a year. A melomel went much better. The new mead book, "The Compleat Meadmaker," has been very helpful.

Analyzing the bad boys -- my conclusion is that they are all meshugeh ahf toit, every one of them (am I supposed to click the faces when I say things like this?).

Sigmund Von Meader

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2005
Oskaar said:
I never bought in to Freud's psycho-sexual development hoo haa anyway, especially the Oedipus complex.

Oh no, Oskaar, not all psychiatrists or psychologists accept the Freudian metapsychology as he first formulated it. It's as relevant to modern day practice as Darwinian "survival of the fittest" is to contemporary biology. It's history, I suppose, so everyone is required to learn it.

Nonetheless, Freud, like the other early psychoanalysts, was a creative genius. Here is a chochmeh, one reads "between the lines," so to speak, when going through his material, in order to realize its value.

Here is a secret, to be told in only a whisper! I have to confess to a secret admiration for C. G. Jung's writings . . .

So thankful I'm retired! The managed care dybbuks would never have that!

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Yup, my limited exposure to Freud and Jung taught me that I needed to learn a lot more about both in order to comment on one. Put me up a little closer to modern day. Skinner, now there's a guy you gotta admire, LOL.

I did like Maslow and Piaget from what I read and understand of their work. I see my therapist about two or three times a week. He's very good at helping me resolve simple issues very quickly, and is always very upbeat and willing to explore new territories with me. There are times when I have problems making a decision and take action on it so he'll just usually let me work through it myself.

The best thing about it is that I only have to pay for the wine when I visit the office. Just yesterday he helped me decide between a Dry Creek Zinfandel and a Lodi Zinfandel! I went with the Lodi Zin because it went better with my cigar last time.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Sigmund Von Meader

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2005
Oskaar said:
The best thing about it is that I only have to pay for the wine when I visit the office. Just yesterday he helped me decide between a Dry Creek Zinfandel and a Lodi Zinfandel! I went with the Lodi Zin because it went better with my cigar last time.

Surely you must be speaking of the Lodi Cosentino Zinfandel Cigar. If you were truly smoking a cigar along with good wine, well, a broch tzu dir!

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Oskaar said:
This is so cool! I wish my dreams were that simple! LOL

My dreams are so much more complicated than the stuff I made up. It's just fun to give everyone a hard time.

Ok, shoot. I enjoy a challenge.

Anyone else?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Monte Cristo #2 from Havana along with the Cigar Zin.

Cosentino makes two excellent Zinfandels, The Zin, and Cigar Zin. Both have won gold at the OC Fair, and the Reserve Cabernet is usually phenomenal. I get my grapes from one of the vinyards that supply grapes for his zins.

Oskaar

Sigmund Von Meader

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2005
Oskaar said:
Monte Cristo #2 from Havana along with the Cigar Zin.

Well, Big Rock McNally's Irish style ale has been recomended as an ideal pairing with Monte Cristo #2, so I must concur. Still, I shudder at the thought of fine wine and cigars, together.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Actually Cigar Zin is a "port style" Zinfandel. Very fruit forward with, deep ripe black fruit that's jammy, chewy, with some nice spice, blackberry, chocolate and espresso flavors, plus a nice wide stripe of vanilla right down the center. A perfect pairing with a good Cuban.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns