• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Limited Edition Gotmead T-shirts for sale

Barrel Char Wood Products

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
Just a perspective...

I just wore my XL to the office yesterday.

I am 6'4, 274 (yay for weight loss) and built like a linebacker (IE, large chest/arms. Thick legged etc) and it fit me great.

I don't have much of a gut though, so if you are carrying the middle aged guy spare tire it might look a bit funky.

But overall it was great, everyone who saw it loved it.

--L

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Launce, Armyeric & Brian, yours are packed and will go out with Monday's mail.

OK, you folks that want 2XL and 3XL, I need headcounts and sizes so I know how many to order....To get the price I quoted above, I need to order at least 20 shirts.

Edit: These shirts run large. I have a 42in bust and broad shoulders, and usually have to wear large t-shirts. A medium in these fits me fine, and I can just about wear a small, if I don't mind it tight. (stop that snickering. I can hear you)

Anyway, they run large. The large would fit my 6'2, 240lb husband, and he *does* have a gut.

Here, maybe this will help:

Measurement of shirt, armpit-armpit, laid flat (not stretched) - double this for chest size of shirt

Small: 18 inches
Medium: 20 inches
Large: 22 inches
X-Large: 23.5 inches

wolf_tracker

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 18, 2007
:wave:

i will let u no after my 1x gets here...

it appears the p.o. sent it to the wrong place

hope it gets here monday :sad5:

but we will see...
:cheers:

wolf

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
wolf_tracker said:

i will let u no after my 1x gets here...

it appears the p.o. sent it to the wrong place

hope it gets here monday :sad5:

but we will see...

wolf

::sigh:: Damn post office. I just double-checked my electronic label record, and I got the addy right....lemme know if it doesn't get there soon, Wolf.....

wolf_tracker

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 18, 2007

Got the shirt today Vickie,

I have one of those belly's

The 1x fits tight... any shrinking at all would make it ... just not right...

if we get enough shirts for a 2x order ... pls put me in for 1 two x

thanks

wolf

Armyeric

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 28, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Got my shirt today! My wife beat me to the mailbox and opened my package. :( I was a bit worried that she would get mad at me for spending MY money...but she found it ammusing and didn't complain. I wonder if she will get pissed when my $175 heater sheild shows up on the door step in a few days?

At any rate, I love the shirt and will be sure to wear it at the next Brewers Guild meeting.

Thanks!
Armyeric

deenis

NewBee
Registered Member
May 13, 2008
Hi Vickie. I just put my order in for a medium. It might be too big but we will see. I am still working on my mead belly. Let me know if you don't get the order. Thanks!!!!!

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
And Shirt #3 showed up, thanks Vicky you made one of the ladies at my office very happY (Her husband brews beer and she loved the shirt when I wore it)

--L

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Dennis and Summersolstice, your shirts are on the way.

Launce, glad she liked the shirt!! It was sweet of you to get it for her.

Down to about 40 shirts from 55.......soon as I recoup my investment in these, I'll order some 2XL and 3XL shirts for those what wants them.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Cool. These were originally destined for a ComicsCon, but Pete Vinton (see his ads here in the forum), the artist for Gotmead, had a death in the family and couldn't make it so we cancelled.

Have fun at the con! Is it themed or general? I remember the 1981 MiniCon in Minneapolis/St. Paul where I met Spider Robinson and Larry Niven and got to share elevators with Thranx and elves, and see many bunny fur babes....LOL

Funny stories there....I was waiting in line to meet Larry Niven at his book signing, and when I got to the table, here's this man looking tired and worn out, and pretty much done with googlie-eyed fans. So I hand him my books to be signed, and there is this dog-eared, torn, faded, pages-falling-out copy of 'Lucifer's Hammer' that had been read so many times we broke it, basically. He looks at this pretty much destroyed book, then at me like I just dropped his baby. I, feeling about 2 inches tall, squeak out, "We *really* like it, Mr. Niven." He gets this big, s**t-eating grin on his face, and signs it with a flourish, and after that is much more animated at the signing table.

Then, later on, having missed Spider Robinsons' signing (my very *favorite* author, right up there with Robert Heinlein), I'm moping about the huckster room, looking to see if I've missed any Spider books, still toting around my pile of his books that I'd brought with me to have signed. And there, browsing quietly in a corner, is my idol, Spider himself!!! Not wanting to be pushy, when the guy was obviously having some personal book-buying time, I sort of peered in his direction to see what *he* was considering reading, on the logic that if he liked it, I would too. He noticed me (and my pile of books that *all* said 'Spider Robinson' on the spine) and said, "I didn't see you at the signing". I said, "No Spider, I wasn't able to get in" (the room had been packed, and I wasn't early enough), "but that's OK. I'm tickled to meet you and just wanted to tell you that your books have really had a big impact on the way I see the world. Thanks so much for the entertainment and all the food for thought!". So he says, "Hand 'em over, I'll sign them for you", and I said, "No, I don't want to bother you, but I'm really glad I got the chance to meet you." Of course, being the great guy he is, he insisted, and all my Spider books are signed, including the first editions I have of the Stardance books.

The funniest thing we saw there was when we were waiting for the elevator, and the door opens, and here's this guy, hanging upside down from the ceiling of the car, next to a keg (which was right-side-up), with a beer (also rightside up) in his hand. The door opens, and he holds out this beer, and says 'Want a beer?'. We just sort of stood there and said, 'Noo, I think we'll wait, but thanks.' That was about five minutes *after* we'd ridden in another elevator car with a chick dressed as a Thranx....it is *very* odd to be that close to a 6-foot cockroach.......

deenis

NewBee
Registered Member
May 13, 2008
Got my shirt. Very fast! Thank you. Just to note: A medium fits me perfectly, 140 lbs., 5'10". No mead belly...yet.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
You're quite welcome! Glad it fits.

Those of you who want larger sizes, can you speak up and give me a count? I already did a boo-boo by ordering too many small/med, instead of XXL and such, so I'd like to get it right this time...

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
Spider is a good guy.

I had a back and forth with him just before he MC'd the RAH's 100th Bday celebration.

Long story short, I was very very impressed with him, I posted my review of "the last Heinlein book never written" and it was rather flattering of spider's unique spin to a RAH story.

It got slaughtered in the press, but not by me. It was rather nice though to have a conversation about an author I have loved so well with an author I love so well ::grins::

--L

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yeah, Spider is a good guy. There isn't a hoity-toity bone in his whole body. He is the most approachable famous-type person I've had the pleasure of meeting. I only wish I could meet him again now, since I'm no longer the over-awed, saucer-eyed fan-girl that I was when I met him when I was 19.....

I'll tell you, if you like his stories, the Audible.com unabridged recordings of his books are *fantastic*.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns