• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Movies

Barrel Char Wood Products

Darter

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 19, 2009
Dover, Delaware
I don't know what classification to put these two favoite movies in, but here they are:

The English Patient
The Last Temptation of Christ

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
The Last Temptation of Christ

Last Temptation of Christ is an awesome flick, and the score by Peter Gabriel is probably my all time favorite movie score.

The score is also a great background music choice for those über romantic evenings. Forget Barry White, go with Peter Gabriel.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

(Who hasn't been brewing much of late, but has over 50 gallons of various meads aging.)

spasticcp

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 1, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Ok, a different take, while not necessarily my favorite of movies, although they are both pretty up there and haven't been mentioned yet (that I saw anyway).... And they both cross genres significantly, so I can't really classify either one accurately.

Big Trouble in Little China For me a cult classic. Kurt Russel being..well...Kurt Russel. Sure he's one dimensional, but I wouldn't have it any other way with his pseudo-John-Wayneisms throughout.

Memorable quote: "When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas The first movie where I really started to respect Johnny Depp's acting ability. I mean you would completely forget it was him throughout most of the movie.

Memorable quote: Who are these people? These faces? Where did they come from? They look like caricatures of used car dealers from Dallas, and sweet Jesus, there are a hell of a lot of them at 4:30 on a Sunday morning. Still humping the American dream

/random

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
re: Big Trouble in Little China
Memorable quotes: "When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

...and "It's all in the reflexes" ;D

afdoty

NewBee
Staff member
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2009
Monroe, CT
Bottle Shock

Here's a link to Chateau Montelena:

http://www.montelena.com/

Don't want to give away the movie........8)

I bought a bottle of their 2005 Chardonnay. It got me thinking about barrel fermenting/aging and Malolactic Fermentation.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns