• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Nah, U aren't 2 Gung-Ho

Barrel Char Wood Products

Marion

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 1, 2004
BellaCrow,
As you can see in the pic, which is "some" of what I have going, you will realize that you are actually quite normal as a cellar-dweller and one must be quite extreme to be termed "too gung-ho". You are doing very well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Sweet!
Like the string tag labeling, I'm planning on doing the same when I start my yeast tests, since at the end there will be 24 1 gal jugs.
Drinks are on Marion ;D

Wrathwilde

Marion

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 1, 2004
Guys & Gals, whenever you are passing through the mountains of SW Viriginia, I'd be honored to pour you a drink, then another and another.......

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Marion,
I Don't know how close it is, but I'll be in Arlington for about 3 days for my Grandfathers Funeral in June, He Was a Lt. Colonel when he retired.

Also don't know if I'll be able to get away at all. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins will all be there.
I'm sure my Uncle Charles would love to sneak away with me for a sample, he brews his own Beer & Wine & Cider, haven't had a chance to ask him about mead.

If it's close let me know, I'd love to sample some aged mead. Failing that, if you know of any good restaurants in the area I'm sure the whole clan would be up for some good food & Drink.

Wrathwilde

Marion

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 1, 2004
Wrath,

Arlington is actually quite a distance, probably 7 hours. But, if 7 hours is comfortable for you, we'd love to have you. Come on over!

As far as restaurants in the Arlington area, I'm afraid I can't help. I'm out that way on the rare occasion. My wife's sister's husband is stationed at the Pentagon, we'll ask about the eatieries and get back to you.

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Marion said:
Guys & Gals, whenever you are passing through the mountains of SW Viriginia, I'd be honored to pour you a drink, then another and another.......

Maybe one day I will take you up on the invite .... I'm in NE PA and as I see from the pic you are also a Trapper...hehehe. I didn't get out much this past year but 2 years ago I took my daughter out to teach her how to trap and on her thanksgiving break from school she got 5 coons, 1 red fox, 1 mink, 3 oppossums, and I got a eastern coyote 2 days after she went back to school in one of her sets. She makes a daddy proud. And if you ever plan on a trip to the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania, I would be honored to have ya stop by for a drink or 6.... have a great day ;D

Marion

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 1, 2004
Toolbox,

It's good to meet a fellow meader that is a trapper to boot. Your daughter did very well and you are commended for taking the time with her. My door is open if you are ever in the area. And if I'm up that way, I'd consider your hospitalty an honor.

I didn't get out much this past season either. Did some damage Beavers and some Coyote for people wanting mounts. For some reason, maybe age, it seemed I was always having to get in firewood. But, I'm trying to rectify that problem and have already begun the firewood harvest for next Winter. I do hope I can spend my time elswhere, besides the wood-pile this year.

Marion

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 1, 2004
Wrath,

Here's a search I did on Arlington. At the bottom, you will find the link to the site, so you can perform your own searches, if you wish. There is also info on Mead, for those interested. Good luck!

Brew Tour Search Results
Search For: "Arlington" 9 entries were found which match your search query. The search that you entered is highlighted in red.

Be sure to check out our special city guide(s): Dallas, Washington DC.

Showing Open & Planned Only - Show All

BrewPub

Capitol City Brewing Co.
2700 S Quincy St
Arlington, Virginia 22206
Phone: (703) 578-3888
Hours: Sun.-Thurs. 11 a.m.-11 p.m., Fri.-Sat. 11 a.m.-midnight.

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

Bar/Tavern
- No. of Taps: 8

Faccio Luna Pizzeria, Bar & Grill
2909 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, Virginia
Phone: (703) 276-3099

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

Bar/Tavern
- No. of Taps: 15

Galaxy Hut
2711 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, Virginia 22201
Phone: (703) 525-8646
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 5 p.m.-2 a.m., Sat.-Sun. 7 p.m.-2 a.m.

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

Bar/Tavern

Hard Times Cafe
3206 Wilson Blvd.
Phone: (703) 528-2233
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 11:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m., Fri. 11:30 a.m.-11 p.m., Sat. noon-11 p.m., Sun. noon-9 p.m.

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

BrewPub
- Tours Available: 11am to 6 pm daily

Humperdinks Big Horn Brewing Co.
705 Six Flags Dr.
Arlington, Texas 76010
Phone: (817) 640-8553
Fax: (817) 652-9185
Hours: 11am to 2am
System: New World
Capacity: 16bbl
Brewer: Alan Sparkman

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

Bar/Tavern

J.R. Bentley's
406 W. Abrams
Arlington, Texas 76013
Phone: (817) 261-7351

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

Bar/Tavern

Lost Dog Cafe
5876 N. Washington St.
Arlington, Virginia
Phone: (703) 273-1552

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

Bar/Tavern
- No. of Taps: 14

Rhodeside Bar & Grill
1836 Wilson Ave.
Phone: (703) 243-0145

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

Brewpub

Rock Bottom Brewery
4238 Wilson blvd #1256.
Arlington, Virginia 22203
Phone: (703) 516-7688
http://www.rockbottom.com

Library Search
Update Listing
View Map

http://www.realbeer.com/

Marion

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 1, 2004
Wrathwilde said:
Thanks,

Don't know how I missed your reply in my browsing the last few days, but thanks for the info I'll try to get the crew to go to at least one of them.

Wrathwilde

Good luck and post your critique.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns