• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

OS (without the flame war...hopefully)

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dual boot XP and Fedora on main PC
Fedora on 2nd PC
XP on business laptop
Evox, and DSL (damn small linux) on Xbox - Something feels realy good about running linux on a Microsoft machine. :)

storm1969

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 13, 2005
Columbia, MD
Lets see my machines...

dual pent 4 3.0 HT running xp, server running 2003, p4 1.8 running red hat, athalon 64 running xp (wifes machine), 2 Laptops running xp (P3, P2), 1 laptop with 2003, assorted pieces of crap with 2000/98.

I never had 6 movies running at one time on my machine but I have had 2 movies, tv feed, and rebuilding a dvd at the same time.

My mom Bought a mac os x laptop last year that has been less the stable since she bought it.

Personally, I think they all have thier good and bad points, I use them all, I fix them all, and I break them all

Cheers,
Brian

M

MikeB

I run Ubuntu Linux 5 on my main system and laptop. I also have a pretty recent installation of Linux From Scratch 6.0 on my secondary PC. Windows is not allowed in my home.

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Well, technically Windows isn't allowed in my home either. But realistically, for my wife, if I don't allow Windows then I'm not allowed in my home either. :eek:

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
I'm running Slackware 8.0, downloaded the files via FTP, It replace Win-Pro. In three years this machine has never crashed.

Anthony