• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Oskaar ,would you do a vid

Barrel Char Wood Products

buzzbee

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 30, 2007
Hi Oskaar,
Any chance you'd make a video for us newbees?? I think techniques are remembered more watching a video.I bet you could make a great one . Thanks,Buzzbee ::)

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
We should get Oskaar on as a guest with Alton Brown! That would be great, I might even pay to hook up the cable again just to see that. ;D

(Alton did a beer show. Boiled his grains...it was scary, but I forgive him.)

Update: I sent a "comment" to Food Network suggesting just this. Probably nothing will come of it.

Last edited:

Vino

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 30, 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
We should get Oskaar on as a guest with Alton Brown! That would be great, I might even pay to hook up the cable again just to see that. ;D

(Alton did a beer show. Boiled his grains...it was scary, but I forgive him.)

Update: I sent a "comment" to Food Network suggesting just this. Probably nothing will come of it.

I know a few people over at Scripps...I'll send an email to see what is the best way to make sure the producers hear the pitch...one thing about Alton is that he normally does not do shows with guests...he generally uses family, friends, and neighbors to play a role in his productions...and I remember that beer show...it was awful.

Maybe you can start an email campaign...

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
He's not big on guests, but he does "run into people" during the show (at the market, etc). We could have him go to B3 on Mead Day or something....you know to "buy ingredients".

Vino

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 30, 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
After what Alton did to the art of beer making I'm not sure I would want him doing the same for mead...the fine folks here at Gotmead have worked hard to ameliorate the cause...Alton might set back their work several years.

Although I bet it would be a hoot!

Teufelhund

Banned
Oct 17, 2007
POX 181 Covington, OH 45318
Now THAT is a hoot! However, the idea of Oskaar doing a video would be interesting. Not like we're going to learn any of his bloody secrets or anything though....ya really gotta kiss alot of ass to get those!! :laughing4:

:eek:ccasion14:

DD

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Nah, part of his probation is that he make no more videos with Redheads.

Probably not, but I'll bet it could be Sweded.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Hmmm, I paid good money to keep that video off the market, she must have reniged on the agreement!

Mmmmmm, Sweden....fond memories of very co-ed youth hostiles in Stockholm.

One of the things that Vicky and I have talked about on more than one occasion is doing video to supplement the book we're working on and I think that will definitely come to pass. It will be in our own . . . "idiom" with plenty of jackassery and random tidbits of mead fact and fiction.

I'm somewhat ADD so I have to keep my thoughts in short bursts, so my vids and pics kind of reflect that. We have a lot of great material to work with, and I lined up some good "talent" for the video. We'll do it in short shots that we can use to supplement and clarify anything in the book. Anyhow we're kind of rolling up the printed content so we can frame it with the video clips.

More as we progress.

Oskaar

lastbornjoker

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2008
One of the things that Vicky and I have talked about on more than one occasion is doing video to supplement the book we're working on
Oskaar
I know y'all have your hands full with day to day life but do you have any clue when the book will be ready? Most of the books i ve found on mead are really dated and some fresh stuff would be nice. The info probly could be found on this site but Id rather bring a book with to my new hot tube i'm getting than my lap top LOL.

Vino

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 30, 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
What about a "Making Your First Mead" that could be part of a Patrons Subscription package.

I have a few vidoes from an online vendor for beer making that I share with Noobs who want to start making their own beer...it really seems to help them.

BTW, if you need somebody to edit the video I would be interested in helping...I have all the equipment and software readily available...as well as DVD authoring and duplication equipment.

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
Where's all the footage? Not for nuthin' but I DO have two Emmys. I could maybe do something with it....

These days no one needs cable or broadcast! We got YouTube! Or even a section on GotMead!

mannye

Administrator
Administrator
Oct 10, 2012
Miami Beach, FL
One way back in 1994 for a show on Univision Network called "Control" with Cote d'Pablo (NCIS) and Carlos Ponce (the yoga instructor in Couples Retreat) and almost 20 years later for a behind the scenes show on a mini series done by singer Chayanne. The mini series was awful but the behind the scenes show turned out OK/

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns