2-6-18 We’re continuing showcasing speakers for the AMMA Conference next month with Carvin Wilson. Carvin will be speaking on different fruit addtion techniques for making melomels. He wil be doing a side-by-side comparison of difference meads made with all fruit in the primary, all fruit in the secondary, half primary/secondary, and one late fruit addition in primary. All meads will be made with the same fruit without any acid adjustments. The goal of this is to educate mead makers on the difference flavor profiles of each different fruit addition technique.
Carvin has been much in the mead scene the last couple years, and he’s cleaned up with many medals for his excellent meads. He’s also a very successful business owner, and a huge supporter of the AMMA and the Mazer Cup International. Carvin hosts a large suite during the events at the hotel and the meadmaker get togethers there are a who’s who of mead. He also generously hosts several tables at the MCI Mead Mixer to allow smaller meaderies to showcase their meads at the largest mead tasting in the world.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/ziEOpYCEWrcg during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Scott Labs Handbook
- White Labs Product Catalog
- New York Fermentation Fest
- Speed Brewing by Mary Izett
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- American Homebrewers Association
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- February 10 – Big Lost Meadery – Beer Pong Tournament
- February 10 – Bos Meadery – Songwriter Soup with Meghan Rose and Dana Perry
- February 10 – Orchid Cellars – Valentines Day Mead and Chocolate Tasting with Zoe’s Chocolates
- February 13 – Superstition Meadery – Tasting and Music at the Wandering Tortoise
- February 14 – Mead and Cheesecake Pairing at Dahlia’s Pour House
- March 31 – Day of the Juice Beer Festival
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 7-17-18 Alison Heath – Apothecary Mead, Sherwood Forest - July 17, 2018
- 6-19-18 To Brew Lists, Mistakes We’ve Learned From | Fred Minnick – author of Mead: The Libations, Legends and Lore and speaker on Mead Cocktails - June 19, 2018
- 6-12-18 Raphael Lyon – Enlightenment Wines – Making Natural (Wild) Meads - June 12, 2018