9-19-17 We’re continuing our series on Making Modern Mead. We talked yeast for the last two weeks, and had lots of great info from Ryan, and lots of great questions from the listeners.
Now we’re moving on to staggered nutrient additions, racking, stabilization and aging. There is a ton of info here, and we’re going to dig into it and see what we can get out there.
Mead is a science, and knowing the basics means being able to make better mead, and gives you the ability to deepen your knowledge and make great mead.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Meadmakr’s Batch Calculator
- TOSNA Protocol – http://www.meadmaderight.com
- Rousing your yeast
- Joe Vinceguerra’s Stabilization spreadsheet
- SO2 Management on MoreWine
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- September 22 – Superstition Meadery – Paul Cataldo performs live
- September 30 – Viking Alchemist – their whiskey barrel aged mead is being released
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 9-18-18 Scott Neeley – Kingview Mead in Pennsylvania - September 18, 2018
- 9-11-18 Thomas Hubbe – Bee Seasonal Honey and Tom Repas – honey expert and award winning mead maker - September 11, 2018
- 9-4-18 Susan Ruud – On Oaking - September 4, 2018