9-26-17 We are continuing with Making Modern Mead, hosted by Ryan Carlson.
I’m proud to announce that we have a very special guest speaker this evening. Tom Repas will be joining us this evening to speak about the proper use of sulfites. Also known as sulfur dioxide, k-meta and SO2.
As we all know the web is full of misinformation about everything. And probably nothing more than how to properly employ sulfites and sorbate to stabilize a mead. And even more confusion comes when we dig into how to use sulfites to ensure we give our meads the best environment to age properly in ageing vessels. And then, how to prepare them to have along once you package them in bottles and kegs.
Tom is a certified Master Beekeeper and a queen bee breeder. If that’s not enough to prove he knows his stuff. Tom is the sole occupant of the very prestigious category of being the only person to have won Best of Show at the Mazer Cup not once, but two times.
I’m proud to have with us tonight a most amazing man in many different ways. No one could be more kind and humble. As many of you know Tom is amazingly gracious with his time and acts as a moderator and a very solid contributor to the Mead Makers face book group.
I’m proud to announce my friend – Tom Repas.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Meadmakr’s Batch Calculator
- TOSNA Protocol – http://www.meadmaderight.com
- Rousing your yeast
- Joe Vinceguerra’s Stabilization spreadsheet
- SO2 Management on MoreWine
- Weird Wine Flavors and the Science Behind Them
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- September 29 – McAlpine Meadery – Hurricane Relief Concert
- September 29 – Blacksnake Meadery – Last Friday Music at the Hive – Wyatt Lee Law
- September 30 – Viking Alchemist – their whiskey barrel aged mead is being released
- September 30 – Oran Mor Artisan Mead – Susan Rice, comedian
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 2-13-18 AMMA Showcase: Greg Heller-LaBelle – TTB and Chrissie Zaerpoor – Mead and Food Pairing - February 13, 2018
- 2-6-18 AMMA Speaker Showcase – Carvin Wilson – Techniques for Fruit Additions in Meads - February 6, 2018
- 1/30/18 AMMA Speaker Showcase: Diane Currier – Honeygirl Meadery – Solopreneur, Going it Alone to Start a Meadery - January 30, 2018