10-16-28 Tonight we’re off to cooler climes in Wyoming, and meeting with Michaell Jordan.
Michael Jordan is a hobby mead maker looking to go commercial in the near future. He has been keeping honey bees now for over 20 years. Michael’s family has been making mead not only as a tasty beverage, but for medical usage.
Michael blends herbs, and uses honey from all over the world for his medical meads. Michael has now grown into Colorado’s culture of cannabis. Infusing marijuana into honeys, using cannabis concentrates for higher CBD and THC contents, and blending them with old time homeopathic remedies to make what he calls Medical Meads.
A great drink that he is finding, as well as others, the use of Mead is for more than being the best drink at the party, but an old time way to getting well from DRINKING! He is here to talk about Medical Mead, Making meads from Candies, Cakes, and Soda Pops, and having bees for Mead.
Click the chat link below to join us live, and ask questions for Ryan and the team. See you online!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Green Dragon Drink – the Chemistry of Nitrous Powered, Pot Infused Liquor
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- DraughtLab – Sensory Guide for Craft Beer
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Oct 17 – Bos Meadery – Meadery Jam
- Oct 18 – Wild Blossom Meadery – Yoga @ the Meadery
- Oct 27 – Texas Mead Assocation – Texas Mead Fest!
- Oct 27 – Brimming Horn Meadery – Fight Like a Viking Breast Cancer Benefit
- Nov 3 – Southwest Michigan Wine, Hops and Harvest Festival
- Nov 7 – Shuley’s Cuisine and Events – Cider and Mead Pairing Dinner
- Nov 17 – Bos Meadery – Progressive Dinner
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-13-18 Ryan Carlson – Creating Mead Recipes – Part 2 - November 13, 2018
- 11-6-18 Pete Bakulic – All About Mead Competitions - November 6, 2018
- 10-30-18 Ryan Carlson – Creating Your Custom Mead Recipe - October 30, 2018