• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Deep fried beer...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Sounds dangerous to me if they've put it in ravioli-like shells... great potential to bite into a pillow containing scalding liquid if they leave it in the fryer for very long...

...although I could see doing something like a mead dumpling where you use mead as the liquid...

Jestig

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 25, 2009
Oceanside, CA.
Ha!

Makes you kinda of wonder, how many beers that had to drink? :confused:
To come up with the idea of:
"Hey you know what, we should deep fry beer!!! I mean we deep fry everything else, why not?"

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
I know that you chaps and chapesses in the US have a history of being quite inventive, but that's got to be about the most pointless thing I've heard of thus far!

I mean, apart from not really getting enough beer to get a flavour/taste of it properly, then put it in small flour based "pockets" (more calories etc) and then deep fry them adding/soaking up frying oil in the process......

Outstandingly pointless......

Oh and which beer is likely to retain a decent flavour when handled like that ? A mix of guiness and barley wine ???

Hell there's not even much in the way of "novelty value" there........

just my 2 cents/POV.....

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Oh and don't forget it's August at the moment a.k.a. silly season a.k.a. slow news month........ I'd guess that ABC are scraping the bottom of the barrel !

Tannin Boy

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 6, 2010
Webster, NY
just my 2 cents/POV.....

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Oh and don't forget it's August at the moment a.k.a. silly season a.k.a. slow news month........ I'd guess that ABC are scraping the bottom of the barrel !

Why should this time of year be any different? These so called media outlets just follow Reuters lead? Pick a station doesn't matter, all just a bunch of useless dribble...:BangHead:

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
I mean, apart from not really getting enough beer to get a flavour/taste of it properly, then put it in small flour based "pockets" (more calories etc) and then deep fry them adding/soaking up frying oil in the process......

Outstandingly pointless......
!

A public health announcement brought to you by the inventers of the Scotch egg.* ;D

* A ball of cholesterol, coated with pork lard (sausage), then battered and boiled in oil.

S

sima74

I know that you chaps and chapesses in the US have a history of being quite inventive, but that's got to be about the most pointless thing I've heard of thus far!

To be fair they are Texans.

A public health announcement brought to you by the inventers of the Scotch egg.* ;D

* A ball of cholesterol, coated with pork lard (sausage), then battered and boiled in oil.

But they are so GOOD! :)

fatbloke

GotMead Patron
To be fair they are Texans.
Does that make a difference ? All the Americans I've met have always been very nice people.

Hence I'm pretty clueless with US regional stereotypes......

But they are so GOOD! :)
As for Medsen complaining about Scotch Egg, there's been a bit of info about them in the news recently and apparently this is the place to get them if you want the "real McCoy" and not some factory produced rubbish.

"Proper" Brit food is pretty stodgy anyway, though there are a few excellent recipes/ingredients to be had......

Besides, it would appear that they aren't "Scottish" anyway, but were invented by Fortnum & Mason. Which means (for anyone who can afford to shop there - and yes, you probably need a 6 figure income) that it's quite "posh" grub....... ;)

fatbloke

GotMead Patron
Why should this time of year be any different? These so called media outlets just follow Reuters lead? Pick a station doesn't matter, all just a bunch of useless dribble...:BangHead:
Something about the "news making world" being on holiday for the summer season, hence the predominance of stories about skateboarding dogs and gerbils with surf boards.......

Tannin Boy

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 6, 2010
Webster, NY
Something about the "news making world" being on holiday for the summer season, hence the predominance of stories about skateboarding dogs and gerbils with surf boards.......

I am distraught.....;D

Paris Hilton is up on coke charges, what ever will i do without her in the news cycle now???? Guess I'm off to toast the loss of another useless media attention grabber....:hal:

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I am distraught.....;D

Paris Hilton is up on coke charges, what ever will i do without her in the news cycle now???? Guess I'm off to toast the loss of another useless media attention grabber....:hal:

Oh, just grab anything off the rack in the supermarket check-out... there's no shortage of drivel that doesn't (or at least shouldn't) matter to anyone... what the heck is a Kardasian anyway, and why are they always bickering... and furthermore, GET OFF MY LAWN (my "feeling old" catchphrase)... :pottytrain2:

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
I've nothing at all against Texans, but I'm with Fatbloke...what's the point?! I've tasted deep fried twinkie and snickers, and while I wouldn't want to add them to my diet on even a semi-regular basis, at least they're something solid you can batter and fry. Coke and beer not so much.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I heard with deep-fried Coke they put Coke concentrate into some kind of batter nd deep-fry the resulting mess...

fatbloke

GotMead Patron
-----%<-----what the heck is a Kardasian anyway, and why are they always bickering... and furthermore, GET OFF MY LAWN (my "feeling old" catchphrase)... :pottytrain2:
Actually, you've got a point there!

I've noticed a couple of dark haired trouts appearing in some of the "celeb" pages recently here.

All teeth, tits and tans. Nicely dressed mainly.

Are they famous over there for something ??

Or more Z listers with too much of daddy's money ??

regards

fatbloke

youngmeadman

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 27, 2006
Regina, SK
I am confused......
I know so many people who refuse to drink warm beer. Here they drink warmish-hot beer.....
However I have to say...
I would try it...
curiosity

youngmeadman

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns