6-20-17 Bobby Slanz is back on Gotmead Live! In our continuing conversation with amazing mead makers, we’re bringing him back to talk shop about making awesome mead. Along the way we’re going to dig into what he’s been working on, and talk some more about the seaweed mead he makes that is becoming the talk of the mead world, and creating a splash whenever it turns up. At some point, I really want to try this, since I wasn’t fast enough at the Mazer Cup to get some!
Bob likes to play with unusual ingredients, and his meads are, from all accounts, pretty damn fantastic. So let’s dig into the methods he uses to make such tasty and interesting meads!
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Bladderwrack Seaweed – http://www.seaweed.ie/descriptions/fucus_vesiculosus.php
- Vanilla Beans – Beanilla
- Entries are open for competition at the Eltham and District Wine Guild
- Oak and Mead – Petar Bakulic
- Titrets sulfite testing kit
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Live music every Friday night – Thirsty Thursday (35% off Refills) – Open Mic Nights on Thursdays (6PM)
- Meridian Hive Meadery – last Friday of every month – Board Game Mead Up at the Tasting Room
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 8-7-18 Sam Clikeman – Big Lost Meadery - August 7, 2018
- 7-31-18 Kiley Gwynn – Mountain Rose Herbs – BJCP Judge - July 31, 2018
- 7-24-18 Justin LeVaughn – Mead Analysis at Ethereal Brewing - July 24, 2018