9-12-17 We are continuing our ‘Making Modern Mead’ series on Gotmead Live, led by Ryan Carlson. Tonight we’re doing Yeast, Part 2.
So as most everybody realizes at some point in learning the process of making mead. The yeast do the work and we are relegated to being their caretakers. I jokingly call myself from time to time a yeast cowboy.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- Scott Yeast Handbook – http://www.scottlab.com/pdf/ScottlabsHandbook2016.pdf
- Building a temperature control fridge for mead making – https://www.brewpi.com/fridge-hacking-guide/
- YAN Info – http://gwi.missouri.edu/publications/enology-news-winter-2014.pdf
- Esters in Wine – http://www.wineland.co.za/how-esters-and-aldehydes-impact-on-key-wine-aromas/
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- St. Ambrose Cellars – Sept 14 – OPEN MIC & THIRSTY THURSDAY35% OFF HOWLERS AND GROWLERS + OPEN MIC!Sept 15 – UNABUNNERLIVE MUSIC!Sept 16 – THE CRUSH IV – OUR BIRTHDAY!
Pagan Pride Day ,
- Superstition Meadery – Sat, Sep 16 – Sean McDermott Performs Live!
Sun, Sep 17- Evol-ution Performs Live!
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-27-18 Kenneth Jenkinson – Savannah Bee - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead - November 27, 2018
- The Newbee Guide to Making Mead – Chapter 1:What is Mead? - November 27, 2018