11-10-20 Tonight at 9PM ET GotMead Live will be talking with Willie Wrede, owner of Meduseld Meadery in Lancaster, PA. Willie is a meadery owner (and a braggot fan), Marine, talented mead maker and a dad, and is now in process of opening a second location they’re calling Artifice Ales and Meads.
Willie is a Lancaster County Pennsylvania native. He’s a nut for fantasy fiction, exploring the outdoors on foot, and eating and drinking all sorts of interesting things. He’s married 27 years now, with three kids. He became a Marine in 1992 and enjoyed a 25 year career in Military Aviation as a Helicopter Mechanic 15 of those years in uniform and 10 as a contractor. He opened Meduseld Meadery in May of 2017 two weeks after he was laid off from his government contracting gig.
Join us on the live chat and don’t be afraid to call in if you want to!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.[break] [break]Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Foraging New England
- Northeast Foraging
- Foraging Guide
- Edible Wild Plants
- Foraging the Rocky Mountains
- Midwest Foraging
- Southeast Foraging
- Pacific Northwest Foraging
- Mountain States Foraging
- Southwest Foraging
- Wellcome Mead by Laura Angotti
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Take part in Kevin Meintsma’s Hydromel Study – email firstname.lastname@example.org and he’ll send you questions
- Nov 11 – AMMA MeadCon Online – featuring talks by Ken Schramm and Sergio Moutela
- Nov 13 – Honnibrook Meadery, Castle Rock, CO – Josh Blackburn live music
- Nov 14 – Black Heath Meadery, Richmond, VA – Live music with Caterpillar Trap
- Nov 14 – Folklore Brewing and Meadery, Dothan, AL – Painting Pumpkins
- Nov 14 – Etowah Meadery, Dahlonega, GA – Live music with Chad Bowmar
- Nov 14 – McAlpine Meadery, Akron, OH – Friendsgiving Potluck
- Nov 15 – Black Heath Meadery, Richmond, VA – Live music with Sincerely, Iris
- Nov 15 – Trazo Meadery, Clarksville, TN – Brunch at the Meadery
- Nov 17 – Two Seasons Meadery, Online – Guided tasting event
- Nov 18 – Broken Goblet Brewing, Bensalem, PA – Mead Making class with Haymaker Meadery
- Nov 20 – Honnibrook Meadery, Castle Rock, CO – Scott Brown Live music
- Nov 21 – Stardust Cellars, Wilksboro, NC – Mead Takeover – 7 meadery gathering for tastings and
- Nov 21 – Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival, Richmond, VA
- Nov 22 – Etowah Meadery, Dahlonega, GA – Ryan Littleeagle Live
- Nov 29 – Etowah Meadery, Dahlonega, GA – Ryan Littleeagle Live
- Dec 14 – Prairie Rose Meadery, Fargo, ND – Park Lane Jewelry at the meadery
- You can buy mead online at https://shopmeads.com
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
- 1-19-21 Margot Phelps and the Maidmakers – Ancient Fire Mead - January 19, 2021
- 1-5-21 Evan Himes – Dutch Gold Honey - January 5, 2021
- 12-1-20 Michelle Scandalis and Jeremy Kyncl, Hierophant Meadery – Metheglins, Part 2 - December 1, 2020