8-27-19 We’re headed out to talk to other folks tonight, finding some folks who love mead, but aren’t in the mead industry.
Sam Slaughter (@slaughterwrites) is the author of Are You Afraid of the Dark Rum? and Other Cocktails for 90s Kids, which was released this past June. He currently works as the Food & Drink Editor for the men’s lifestyle magazine the Manual and lives in Greenville, SC.His work has been featured in Maxim, Bloomberg, The Bitter Southerner, and many other places. Sam is a 90’s kid from New Jersey, though he calls South Carolina home now.
He first starting working with mead as a winemaking intern with Ken Schultz at Hidden Legend Winery in Victor, Montana. And he’s exploring mead more now, and we’re going to explore with him!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Click here to see a playable list of all our episodes!
If you want to ask your mead making questions, you can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323) or send us a question via email, or via Twitter @GotmeadNow and we’ll tackle it online! 9PM EDT/6PM PDT Join us on live chat during the show Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- Evoak – Oak Solutions
- Black Swan Barrels (exotic woods)
- Ethiopian Spice Market (for gesho)
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Are You Afraid of the Rum: And Other Cocktails for 90’s Kids by Sam Slaughter
- Sept 3 – Mateusz Blaszczyk and Krzysztof Jarek – EMMA/Mead Madness Cup
- Sept 10 – Meadcon East and Cornell Mead Intensive (off)
- Sept 17 – Traci Kuhfuss, Blacks Fairy Mead and Texas Mead Fest
- Aug 31 – New Day Craft Mead – Meadful Things and Outciders Festival
- Aug 31 – Brimming Horn Meadery – Viking Jerk Beard Competition
- Sept 5-7 MeadCon East
- Sept 7 – Folklore Brewing and Meadery – Pints for Pets Flower Girl Class
- Sept 13 – Meridian Hive – Muscles and Mead Bootcamp
- Sept 13 – House Bear Brewing – Design a Sign Workshop (with mead!)
- Sept 21 – Royal Manor – Mead Festival
- Sept 22 – Starrlight Mead – Mead Day Celebration and Fall Festival
- Sept 28 – Orpheus Meadfest – Tasting and Award Ceremony for Orpheus Cup Mead Competition
- Oct 5-5 and 12-13 – Stonekeep Meadery – Artisan Wine and Cheese pairing weekends
- Oct 6 – Starrlight Mead – 29th Annual A Tasteful Affair
- Oct 6 – Great Kiwi Mead Group – First ever New Zealand Mead Up at Remuera in
Auckland – Contact Adam via the link here
- Oct 19 – Texas Mead Fest and competiton entries due Oct 1.
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.