9-25-18 We’re dropping into teaching mode tonight, and bringing in Ryan to talk mead. He’ll be digging into pairing yeasts to your mead recipes.
Possibly one of the larger questions in mead making is ‘what yeast do I use?’. And a big question is is indeed. There are hundreds of yeasts out there, for wine, beer, cider and even a few mead specific yeasts.
But which one to choose? That is the question. Ryan is going to try to help you narrow this down, so you can make more focused yeast choices for your upcoming mead batches.
We’re even giving you homework! Download the 2018 ScottLab Yeast Handbook for reference during the show tonight.
Click the chat link below to join us live, and ask questions for Ryan and the team. See you online!
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
Show links and notes
- 2018 ScottLab Yeast Handbook
- Finding yeasts
- Sur lie and bâtonnage – Ben Rotter
- Guide to SO2 Management – MoreWine
- Backsweetening and Stabilization Spreadsheet
- Oak Infusion Spirals
- DraughtLab – Sensory Guide for Craft Beer
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Sept 25 – Honeymoon Meadery – True Stories Told Live
- Sept 25 – 7C’s Meadfest – Missouri
- Sept 28 – Apis Meadery – Caramel Apple Release Party
- Sept 29 – Orchid Cellar Meadery – Craft Beverage Festival at Red Heifer Winery
- Nov 17 – Bos Meadery – Progressive Dinner
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-5-19 Mike Faul – Rabbits Foot Mead – peak honey, Irish mead and meadery IT - November 5, 2019
- 10-29-19 – Sergio Moutela – pyments, beer style meads, weirdomels and recipes - October 29, 2019
- 10-8-19 Adam Crockett on oaking, barrels and making mead in Pét Nat style - October 8, 2019