10-31-17 Hoppy Mead-o-Ween! We are back tonight to continue our series in Making Modern Mead. We’ve been talking about styles, and tonight we’re talking session meads with Eric Lowe, co-owner of Meridian Hive Meadery in Austin, Texas.
Even though session meads, i.e. lower alcohol meads between 4 and 8%, are a sack mead and can be in any style, we are pulling it out in an episode to focus on how to make your meads better at this level.
Meridian Hive turns out some of the tastiest session meads around, and they’ve a pile of medals to back that up. Eric and Mike have several types of canned sessions, and they’re all tasty.
We’re going to pick Eric’s brains on making awesome session meads, and learn more about being able to reliably make stable low-alcohol meads.
Join us for GotMead Live Chat, on Skype, live during the broadcast!! You can join us here: https://join.skype.com/sOgoU06hcV7s during the show, and we’ll pass along questions to the guest, and answer your questions!
Join us 9PM ET tonight! (8PM CT/7PM MT/6PM PT)
Want to join the conversation, give us a call!! 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- October 31 – Rabbit’s Foot Meadery – Annual Halloween Party
- November 1 – Honeymoon Mead and Cider – Pace Rubadeau
- November 1 – New Day Craft Mead – Mead and Knead – weekly mead and massage
- November 2 – Bos Meadery – Comedy at the Meadery – a Comedy Jam
- November 3 – St. Ambrose Cellars – Music – The Feral Cats
- November 4 – St. Ambrose Cellars – Music – Unabunner
- November 5 – Starrlight Meadery – A Tasteful Event – Benefitting Ronald McDonald House
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-5-19 Mike Faul – Rabbits Foot Mead – peak honey, Irish mead and meadery IT - November 5, 2019
- 10-29-19 – Sergio Moutela – pyments, beer style meads, weirdomels and recipes - October 29, 2019
- 10-8-19 Adam Crockett on oaking, barrels and making mead in Pét Nat style - October 8, 2019