If you want us to tackle your mead making questions, you can send us a question and we’ll tackle it online!
9PM EDT/6PM PDT
Bring your questions and your mead, and let’s talk mead! You can call us at 803-443-MEAD (6323), or Skype us at meadwench (please friend me first and say you’re a listener, I get tons of Skype spam), or tweet to @gotmeadnow.
This player will show the most recent show, and when we’re live, will play the live feed. If you are calling in, please turn off the player sound, so we don’t get feedback.
Show links and notes
- DraughtLab – Sensory Guide for Craft Beer
- Danny Acevedo – Modern Mead Making Videos
- The Flavor Bible
- Let There Be Melomels by Rob Ratliff
- The Big Book of Mead Recipes by Rob Ratliff
- Learn to Make Mead with Herbs – taught by Kiley Gwynn on Facebook Live
- August 1-August 4 – Sap House Meadery – 20% off all purchases in house and online, free tours and tasting Saturday
- August 2 – Lincoln Lagers Brew Club – Jeremy Goering is giving a demo on Session Meads. That mead will be served at the judges reception for the Sowers Cup competition.
- August 3-4 – Uprising Meadery – Grand Opening
- August 3 – Melovino Meadery – 20% off orders for all AMMA members through Mead Day
- August 4 – Black Heath Meadery – Black Heath Meadery releasing batch 2 of Double Barrel Double Vanilla Weight of the World – bourbon barrel aged traditional mead aged one year in Dickel Tennessee Whiskey barrels with 2 pounds of Madagascar Vanilla beans.
- August 4 – HoneyGirl Meadery – Mead Day
- August 4 – Brimming Horn Meadery – Mead Day
- August 4 – Second City Meadery – doing Mead Day giveaways
- August 4 – Heirophant Meadery – Mead Day release of the Song of the Elders mead
- August 4 – Laurel Highlands Meadery – Mead Day meadmaking demo – 3PM
- August 4 – BeeCraft Mead – Mead Day celebration
- August 4 – HIve and Barrel Meadery – Mead Day
- August 4 – Brooklyn Mead Day
- August 4 – White Winter Winery – Mead Day
- August 4 – Ancient Fire Mead and Cider – Mead Day Celebration
- August 4 – Hopcat in Royal Oak, MI – Mead Day Celebration
- August 4 – Arizona Mead and Cider Festival– Arizona Mead Co., Arizona Sake Company, Cider Corps, Drinking Horn Meadery, Meridian Hive Meadery, Redstone Meadery, Stoic Cider, Superstition Meadery, Angry Orchard, Blackthorn Cider, Crispin Cider, Magners, Smith and Forge, Woodchuck, Wyders, and more!
- August 4-5 – B.NektarPalooza – International Beer, Cider and Mead Festival
- August 5 – Enlightenment Wines – Mead Day with NY meaderies
- August 25 – Bronto Mead – Weed and Mead Party
Got an event you’d like us to mention on GotMead Live? Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us about it!
She is also an experienced marketing coach and consultant who has recently decided to focus her marketing expertise exclusively on the craft beverage market to help meaderies, cideries, breweries and distilleries expand their business and get more customers while doing what they love.
Latest posts by Vicky Rowe (see all)
- 11-5-19 Mike Faul – Rabbits Foot Mead – peak honey, Irish mead and meadery IT - November 5, 2019
- 10-29-19 – Sergio Moutela – pyments, beer style meads, weirdomels and recipes - October 29, 2019
- 10-8-19 Adam Crockett on oaking, barrels and making mead in Pét Nat style - October 8, 2019