• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

B. Nektar Meadery is looking for distributors in YOUR state.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
Alright, I've had a lot of people asking if I can ship to their states. I wish I could, but the laws just don't allow it in most cases. So here's the solution. I need everyone to ask around at their favorite beer/mead shop and ask who the best distributors are for small craft micro-breweries and meaderies. Then, post them here, along with the state you're in. I'll do my best to get our meads distributed in your state.

We're already increasing production and more than tripling our space due to the overwhelming demand. My goal is to start distributing to other states within the next 12 months.

Cheers,

Brad

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
Ignore this message.

I posted a private phone number for a distributor. :)

Move along, nothing to see here.

CBiebel

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 19, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
In New Jersey, your best bet is Hunderton Brewing Co. (They started as a microbrewery (hence the name) but then decided to switch to being a distributor for craft style brews (they distribute Dogfish Head (their biggest name beer), Weyerbacher, Abita, Boulder Brewing, Flying Dog, Dixie, Sly Fox, Rogue, Stone, Troegs, etc.)).

However, they don't just distribute beer. They also have some mead (Redstone, Lurgashall (From England), Makana (from Africa), and Dansk Mjod (from Denmark)).

Their www site (with contact info) is at:

http://www.hunterdonbrewing.com/

UDV

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 20, 2008
NYC
that's exactly the company that I posted contact info for. :p

edit: along with a phone number that isn't public info.

holycontagion

NewBee
Registered Member
May 15, 2008
http://www.atlanticimporting.com/

Contact these folks for Massachusetts. As far as I know the only other brand they carry is Redstone. 'Course there's Chaucer's but...ick. On an unrelated note I found out the only mead they serve at the renaissance festival around here is Chaucer's. ???

vahan

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 27, 2006
hi, for CT please try:

Franklin Distr. at 860-528-9138

I promise to buy a case!!!!

vahan

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Distributor information

All,

I think its time to go ahead and get Brad this information by PM or email. We're kind of bumping this thread pretty heavily for distributor information and such that can be sent via PM.

Thanks so much,

Oskaar

Prolific_Praxis

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 17, 2007
http://www.atlanticimporting.com/

Contact these folks for Massachusetts. As far as I know the only other brand they carry is Redstone. 'Course there's Chaucer's but...ick. On an unrelated note I found out the only mead they serve at the renaissance festival around here is Chaucer's. ???

Here in Iowa check with Ingersoll Wine and Spirits: http://www.ingersollwine.com/

Like the place above, they carry Chaucer's and one local mead (occasionally) made at Summerset Winery that they try to pass off as a real mead but it tastes like a hydromel its so watery.

always_grining

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 11, 2009
Bristol, Connecticut
hey brad, I live in Ct. as well. I have had quite a few cases of B. Nektar shipped to my home from wine buys, tony there is extremely helpful. I was very thankful for the wine glasses and t shirt i recieved from you guys.As far as distributors i am aware of a few but a main one is northeast beverage corp. They are well known and I know that Redstone meadery uses them here in this area. On a side note, your thanksgiving mead is great,I can't wait for turkey day so i can share it with the family. Also kudos to you and yo momma on that strawberry mead, its like a mouthful of ripe strawberrys in every sip. My bourbon barrel mead is on the way, can't wait. There is alot of opportunity here since high qaulity mead is hard to come buy.Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheAlchemist

STLBrewer

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 13, 2009
St. Louis, MO
The Saint Louis, MO areas seems to use Missouri Beverage for a lot of their recent "importing" and distributing. So, for Missouri, I would try there...

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
We'll be shipping mead to Hunterdon in Q2 of 2010.
Thanks for the tip.

In New Jersey, your best bet is Hunderton Brewing Co. (They started as a microbrewery (hence the name) but then decided to switch to being a distributor for craft style brews (they distribute Dogfish Head (their biggest name beer), Weyerbacher, Abita, Boulder Brewing, Flying Dog, Dixie, Sly Fox, Rogue, Stone, Troegs, etc.)).

However, they don't just distribute beer. They also have some mead (Redstone, Lurgashall (From England), Makana (from Africa), and Dansk Mjod (from Denmark)).

Their www site (with contact info) is at:

http://www.hunterdonbrewing.com/

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns