• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Dry Mead and Wine

Barrel Char Wood Products

Kansas Mead

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Mar 9, 2012
Kansas
Yes, but for that type of cheese I prefer Caerphilly or even Lancashire crumbly.

But my main preference is blue and/or smelly cheeses hence my Stilton or if I can get it, Stinking Bishop........

More cheese Grommit ? :D

Well Wallace all those cheeses sound good. Did you remember the crackers?

What do you pair with a stinking Bishop? And what are your favorite cheese and wine pairing?

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
Well Wallace all those cheeses sound good. Did you remember the crackers?

What do you pair with a stinking Bishop? And what are your favorite cheese and wine pairing?
Too be honest, I'm not one for such formality. Yes, there's often good reason why some flavours go with others, so while I will often follow convention in many ways i.e. a burgundy or bordeaux and a "blue" cheese, it's obvious to most that it's about complimentary characteristics. The cheese is heavy, fatty, yet with the wonderful mould taste that matches the creaminess of the actual cheese. The acidity of the wine helps to counteract/cut the richness of the cheese while the residual flavour of the grapes helps enhance it.

So basic chemistry of opposites really. Salt and sweet, or sweet and sour, or hot and sour, alkaline and acid, smooth and crumbly, etc etc.

For stinking bishop ? I don't know maybe a cider (hard cider to you lot over in the US - we don't have that kind of difference, if it's fermented it's cider, if it's not fermented it's apple juice, irrespective of whether it's cloudy or clear). Probably a quite fruity one, but probably medium to dry......

The pear spirit that the cheese is "washed" in ? well perhaps a pear cider a.k.a. perry might also be good.........

Both might be nice, to wash down a nice bowl of curry or chilli for breakfast first ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns