• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

IMA Home Mead Makers Competition Entries

Barrel Char Wood Products

Do you plan on entering your meads in the IMA Home Mead Makers Competition?

• Yup, already did!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm filling out the forms!

• Um, how do I enter?

• No, I don't have any meads ready.

• No, no interest.

• Total voters

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The IMA Home Mead Makers Competition Committee had a teleconference this evening, and we wanted to get an idea of how many people are planning on entering the competition. So click away and let us know.

Also if you have questions about the competition or are uncertain about how to enter, this is the place to find out.

Cheers,

Oskaar, your friendly Home Meadmaker Competition Committee Chairman

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
To enter the Home Mead Makers Competition at the next annual International Mead Festival in February of 2006, follow this link:

http://www.meadfest.com

The MeadFest site has all of the information needed to enter your meads in the competition.

If you have any additional questions or want further explanation please post your questions here and we'll do our best to answer them.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey James,

We have some international entries from Australian Meaderies as I remember.

I know that shipping can cost an arm and a leg though, so I completely understand.

Maybe in the future we'll have first rounds in some international locations, but, I'd say that would be FAR down the road! ;D

Cheers,

Oskaar

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
I'm a bit shy about entering a competition, but if I have something decent by next year's show, I'll send it in, if only to represent Israel. Like the majority, I consider my meads too young to send in yet. (Wondering if the lactomel would be a good choice...)

Miriam

GntlKnght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2004
Re: IMA Home Mead Makers Competition Extended til 12/15

The deadline for entries has been extended to Dec 15!!!!

There's still time to enter your mead!

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
And y'all, if you've *anything* that is even decent, send it in. We really need to have a lot of entries, to both make sure we can justify this competition *next* meadfest, and also just because its more fun that way.

That having been said, guess I'd better pony up and submit a couple.....LOL

Vicky - thinking maybe the rosemary, and possibly one other

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
What do ya think oskaar... should I submit my Cherry Melomel? You seemed to enjoy the Cherry even though I thought it was much too young. I only have 1 bottle of the Honey Maple. :( So that's out. Damn... All my cherry bottles are labeled, Grrr, I guess I could take 3 of them off. I have a pyment that even I haven't tasted yet... not even at racking, I was thinking of bottling that tomorrow anyway... my chocolate, same conditions... but I wasn't planning to bottle my Chocolate for another year.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Sure,

Get those labels off and enter them. At very worst you'll get some excellent feedback from commercial meadmakers, at best one may want to make you their meadmeister! :eek:

Zivjeli,

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
OK, the Cherry Melomel, here on known as "Wanton Cherry" has had the labels removed and I'm out the door in 5 minutes to send them off.

Svlad Cjelli. ::) just kidding! Sanitas bona,

Wrathwilde

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Had to go to a second shipping location. It's kind of hard to convince the owner of a shipping service that the full bottles you're shipping are not alcoholic when he knows what mead is, sees that your shipping to the International Mead Festival in care of a place called "The Brew Hut". I got the answer... we can only ship wines in state, this despite the fact I had claimed they were marinades. The second place accepted that they were Marinades without question.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey Everybody!

Looks like we have received 102 Entries thus far, and that's not counting the ones down at the second receiving location. So we're doing great as a first year competition.

I spoke to our event coordinator and chief entry bottle wrangler today and thanked her for taking on the responsibility and spending the time to keep the inventory, wrangle the bottles, handle the checks, etc.

This is just great!!

We're a bit thin on the braggot entries so if you have a braggot that is even close to ready, bottle that sucker up and ship it to the competition.

Here's a link to the site for additional information: http://www.meadfest.com

This is a great turn out for the 1st Annual Home Mead Makers Competition at the International Meadfest, and we're looking forward to a great festival this year.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Yo Oskaar,

Thank's for the reminder. I'll get my braggot in the mail tomarrow.

It's not the 9th yet, yet there's no way to cast a vote, or is it my OS?

Happy mazing,

Anthony

SteveT

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2004
After reading about the extension, I decided to submit one of my Cyser's that has now been aged over a year. Any idea how many Cyser's were entered?

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Hey Wrathwilde, I couldn't vote, the buttons are not there.

Anthony

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns